Noted and Quoted

T

TonyB

#02 - Kelly Sutton
Quoted: "I haven't raced on many concrete tracks, so I'm looking forward to the superspeedway at Nashville. The track seems pretty wide, especially in the corners, and should make for some good racing off turns two and four. June and July were great months for us, notching four top-25 finishes, and we're excited about bringing home some more strong finishes this month as well."

#04 - Bobby Hamilton Jr
Quoted: "What is so great about Nashville Superspeedway is that it has two grooves. It really gives you the ability to work with your truck's setup and provides some great passing. The tire that Goodyear brings adds a lot of grip and the trucks provide more grip with their aero package; joining the two together guarantees a great race. As a driver, it allows me to be more aggressive behind the wheel and that puts on a better show for the fans. It would be really neat to be in contention to win on Saturday night. I have always had great Busch cars here at Nashville, but something always happens. I just love racing at Nashville because it's home."

#06 - Jay Sauter
Noted: This will be Jay's second race this year in the #06 truck. The first race at Kentucky in July ended in a blown engine.

#07 - Shane Sieg
Quoted: "I hear Nashville is a nice facility. I've never been there before, but someone said it is a little like Dover. It's concrete and you have to keep it on the bottom. It gets slippery there, so we'll try to keep the truck in the groove as much as we can. The good thing is they say there is more room than Dover if you have trouble. There aren't any inside walls if you do get into trouble. We're looking to pick up some more in the rookie of the year chase. We need to go to Nashville and stay out of trouble and run all day. If we can do that, we should come out of there with a pretty decent finish. We lost a few spots in the points at IRP last week, and we need to get back on track. It seems its easier to lose spots than it is to gain them, but we're not going to give up. We want to get back up into the top-15."

#08 - Ken Weaver
Noted: Ken has yet to finish on the lead lap in any of his 16 career CTS starts.

#0 - Loni Richardson
Noted: Loni's best career CTS finish was 20th at Kentucky in 2003.

#1 - Ted Musgrave
Noted: Ted has been running at the finish of 33 consecutive CTS races.

#2 - Andy Houston
Quoted: "Nashville Superspeedway is a great facility. It is really smooth, it reminds me a lot of Kansas and Kentucky. It is big and it has a lot of grip. The concrete provides a different feel than some other places but it still has plenty of grip. I felt very comfortable at Nashville and I think we can have a really good run in the Team ASE/CARQUEST Dodge on Saturday."

#4 - Bobby Hamilton
Noted: Bobby has led 385 laps this season only 9 short of the total laps he led in all of 2003.

#6 - Matt Crafton
Quoted: "Concrete surfaces typically end up being a single-groove racetrack. Bristol and Dover are two concrete racetracks that aren't that bad because they have enough banking and the surface is older. At Bristol you get do a little routing and gouging which makes it fun and at Dover I think the surface is old enough which allows for a little two-wide racing, but Nashville for me is a horrible racetrack. It is probably one of the worst races you will see all year because of the single-groove. You can run on the bottom but it is almost impossible to pass at Nashville. My rookie year I blew up, the second year we just couldn't find our set-up and just ran horribly, and last year we got it a little bit better but we still weren't that good. I qualified 12th and finished 10th. I have always said they have one heck of a facility at Nashville Superspeedway but they have one heck of a short-track across town where the trucks actually used to race."

#8 - Chase Montgomery
Quoted: "Well there is no doubt that it is very special to get to race in front of your hometown crowd. It is always nice to sleep in your own bed and be in your familiar surroundings – not only for me but also everyone on this team. We will have lots of family and friends out at the track and it is special when you have that support. It is always cool to race in your hometown and it is not always something that a driver gets to do – so this is nice."

#10 - Terry Cook
Quoted: "In my short career on concrete tracks, I have not done that well. Crew chief Jamie Jones and ppc Racing have had a lot of success on concrete tracks in the past so it gives me a lot of optimism going into this weekend's race at Nashville Superspeedway. I've qualified well at Nashville but never really raced well. I had some decent finishes in the top 10 a couple of times but never really was competitive. I hope to turn that around this weekend."

#12 - Robert Huffman
Noted: Robert has failed to finish 7 of his 15 career CTS races.

#13 - Paul White
Quoted: "Nashville is the type of track that I think we will be good at. It is a fast, concrete racetrack that looks to have two lanes of racing groove once the tires come in. But just like all the other races this season, this will be another learning curve for me as a driver. Each time I get behind the wheel of the truck I am gaining experience and seat time, and through the course of the season it can only help our finish positions. But after the race last weekend at the short track in Indianapolis, I'm really looking forward to getting back on a speedway with the Sta-Max Chevrolet. The last speedway that I raced on was Gateway and that was a really good race for me, we were able to make adjustments on the truck and work through the field to finish 14th. But more than that I think it helped me to gain confidence in racing the truck on the larger racetracks. That really gets me looking forward to Nashville and getting another strong finish."

#14 - Rick Crawford
Quoted: "Everyone comes to Nashville aiming at that guitar. Everyone knows what the trophy will be at the end of the night. I've been so close to winning one and would like nothing more than to strum a few chords in victory lane."

#15 - Shane Hmiel
Quoted: "I'm excited to get back to Nashville. Winning the first Bud Pole of my career in the NASCAR Busch Series and breaking the track record at Nashville is something I will always remember. I know that Ritchie and the guys have an excellent truck ready for this week. I'm ready for a repeat performance by putting the No. 15 Earl Small's Harley-Davidson race truck on the pole for Saturday's race. We broke the track record at Michigan a few weeks ago in the truck but it didn't stand because qualifying rained out right after my run. I'm familiar with the track and am very comfortable there. Nashville has a lot of grip; you can race all over the place. It should be a fun race for the drivers and the fans."

#16 - Jack Sprague
Quoted: "It is a great track-wide, smooth and fast. There is plenty of racing room-it has a lot of grip. I have run really good there in the NCTS and won a Busch race there. It is one of those tracks that just really suits my driving style. I am looking forward to the race and taking this Chevy Trucks Silverado back to victory lane."

#17 - David Reutimann
Quoted: "Nashville is a special place for me because it was my first Top-5 in the No. 87 Busch Series car. We qualified around 15th because we weren't good in qualifying trim. Once we got going, we worked our way up into the Top-5 and pretty much stayed in that position the rest of the day. We ran as high as third on a couple of occasions. We were able to get out of there with a Top-5 finish."

#18 - Chad Chaffin
Quoted: "Nashville Superspeedway is a great race track. I like racing on the two groove concrete track. It fits my driving style. The Dickies Racing Team is on a roll right now and I would love to capitalize on that at Nashville. We continue to be fast off the hauler and as long as we don't run into bad luck, I think we will be there at the end Saturday afternoon. Nashville is a homecoming for me and the whole BHR organization. We have a great fan base in the Nashville area and I look forward to putting on a great show for the fans."

#21 - Hank Parker Jr
Noted: Hank Jr has failed to finish on the lead lap in 7 of his 14 races this season.

#22 - Bill Lester
Noted: Bill had 4 DNFs in each of the 2002 and 2003 season. He has 3 in 14 races thus far this year.

#24 - Travis Kvapil
Quoted: "I'm definitely excited about going to Nashville mainly because of our recent test there. I feel comfortable in race trim in my No. 24 and positive about qualifying. Nashville's a track that I've run 'Ok' at in the past, but I'm really confident going into the race this week especially after last week's performance. I can't wait to try to bring home another win for Toyota and all of the Toyota employees that will be supporting me at the race this weekend."

#29 - Deborah Renshaw
Quoted: "I have to say that it feels really good to be heading to a race track that I have competed on before. I know there will be quite a difference between the ARCA car and the truck around this track, but it will not be a brand new track for me to learn in the two hour practice session. I was able to learn a lot about this track during my first ARCA race here because I was forced to start from the back of the pack and by the end of the race we were up to the seventh position. I feel pretty comfortable at Nashville and I'm just really excited about getting to race here in a truck with so many of my friends and family in the grandstands supporting me and the K Automotive race team."

#38 - Brandon Whitt
Quoted: “I’ve been looking forward to going to the Nashville Superspeedway; one reason being the concrete. This will be my second race on concrete, Dover being the first earlier this year. We were fast at Dover until we got wrecked. Truth is, we’ve never been to Nashville therefore, like so many other times this season, we’ll be going to the track and learning on the fly. From what I’ve been able to learn it looks as if Nashville is wide with plenty of room to pass. I don’t how good the second groove there is, but it looks like you can pass on the high side in the corners. Because the track is wide and the turns are really sweeping, there’s a lot of room to race coming off the corners, so going into the weekend I’m thinking those are the best areas to pass… but, I’ll have to wait and see."

#42 - Mike Skinner
Quoted: "I raced at Nashville one time in the Busch Series and had a pretty good car and finished sixth. But most of all, I enjoyed racing at the Nashville track. My track record is pretty decent at tracks that I have little or no experience with, so I'm going into the race this weekend looking to bring home another good finish for my manufacturer and team. "

#46 - Dennis Setzer
Quoted: "I'm excited about Nashville, we've ran decent there in years past, always pretty consistent. It's a good concrete track, so it doesn't change much with the sun. Although I have a win at Nashville it was at the short track, I almost had a win at the Superspeedway, but I believe our power steering cable broke that year and we ended up 5th."

#50 - Jon Wood
Quoted: "Concrete is more of a consistent surface to race on, so it helps out with our race-preparation stuff. You're going through your practices and things like that and it just makes it easier to know that once you finally get your truck right that it will stay right."

#59 - Mark McFarland
Noted: 7 of Mark's 9 CTS starts have been on tracks 1 mile in length or less.

#62 - Steve Park
Noted: Steve has been running at the finish in 17 of his 18 career CTS starts.

#63 - Chris Wimmer
Quoted: "I always enjoyed running the short tracks, especially when I drove late models in Wisconsin and when I drove in ASA, but I've really enjoyed these bigger tracks like Kansas and Kentucky and we have the finishes to show for it. MB Motorsports has always done well on the bigger tracks and I've been having a lot of fun on them as well."

#67 - David Ragan
Noted: David's best career CTS finish is 19th (twice.)

#72 - Eric McClure
Noted: This will be Eric's first career CTS start.

#75 - David Starr
Quoted: "Nashville is a fun race. The track a little different as the surface is concrete, not asphalt. It is smooth and a really nice facility and I definitely like racing there. You need a good handling truck and strong horsepower. We will be running a brand new Spears Chevrolet and it should be good. With Dave McCarty's (crew chief) expertise we should be able to dial everything in and be ready for a good race. We took a 4th last year and I think we can do even better this time out."

#77 - James Hylton
Noted: The 68 year-old Hylton will be making his first CTS start. His last Cup race was in 1993 at Darlington.

#78 - Charlie Bradberry
Noted: Charlie's best career finish was 16th at Memphis in 2003.

# 88 - Tracy Hines
Noted: Tracy has now finished on the lead lap in three consecutive races - the longest string of his career.

#99 - Carl Edwards
Quoted: "We're taking the same truck that won at Kansas so we should have a truck capable of winning at Nashville. We struggled a little at the start last year at Nashville and we started a little loose, but it got better as the race went on. It was hard to pass at times, a little nerve-wracking. It's kind of hard to believe that we won last year when you consider all that and the fact we started in the back after an engine change. Hopefully this year we can start up front and stay there throughout the entire race."

Back
Top Bottom