Off Weekends bleh

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
I know the drivers need time off but off weekends suck. I caught myself wanting to watch Friday practices, this week.

What are you all doing this weekend? Easter plans?

Me??? I might be cooking Sunday dinner. I invited my daughter, I hope she comes. It's hard, my parents are both gone, there is a huge rift in my family. No family dinners anymore.

What do you make for Easter dinner when someone (me) doesn't like ham??????

I thought Hickory used to run a Busch race on Saturday before Easter and back in the early days Bowman Gray would run on Monday after Easter.

I thought Hickory used to run a Busch race on Saturday before Easter and back in the early days Bowman Gray would run on Monday after Easter.

Hickory still runs their Easter Weekend race. Now, it's a PASS Super Late Model race.

Speed51 will be live streaming the race on their PPV service.

Holidays are kinda hit and miss as everyone is getting older. Doing dinner at moms this weekend, but I doubt the whole family(s) show. It's not the "obligation" it used to be. Saturday, I volunteered to help my cousin move and now the radiator on my truck has decided to take a dump, so I guess I be changing that out....on Easter :rolleyes:.

As for race watching, if I find time and get a jones for it, sometimes I hook the youtube up to the TV and rewatch an old race....usually a one that a certain someone wins.

I

If anyone here has never attended one, I seriously encourage you to go check out your local dirt or asphalt short track if there's one near you racing this weekend. You won't hear the words downforce, or clean air. The racing will be better than anything NASCAR has put out in 10 years. You might even get to watch a future cup star or two in the making.

Family stuff at least on Sunday. Maybe Friday and Saturday as well if schedules align.

Other than that, watching ELMS/WEC openers and the first weekend of the NBA/NHL playoffs. Maybe some spring football on Saturday.

If anyone here has never attended one, I seriously encourage you to go check out your local dirt or asphalt short track if there's one near you racing this weekend. You won't hear the words downforce, or clean air. The racing will be better than anything NASCAR has put out in 10 years. You might even get to watch a future cup star or two in the making.

+1 on visiting dirt tracks, dirt has this amazing ability to produce regular multi-groove racing and the track changes rapidly throughout the night. They may start off with a fresh (tacky) track, but soon things will get slick and then rubbered up and it's just amazing to watch.

I am going to go to Detroit either Sunday or Monday and take some pics of the Joe Louis Arena before it is demolished and also photograph some urban decay. From that point I will cross the border and head into Ontario for a week or so of photography. Between all that I will be watching NHL games.

Me and the wife are going to Manteo, NC fishing off the causeway bridge... I want some flounder!! https://twsbaitandtackle.wordpress.com
I was in Manteo at Easter two years ago. Full Moon brew pub had fish and chips on the menu. That day it turned out to be what the local boats had brought in plenty of: flounder. Beer-battered, of course. Best damn F&C I've ever had.

In the six quart crock pot; a two pound hunk, maybe a little more. Hunk of smoked jowl or hock on the bottom covered by a big bed of fresh snaps ‘n tiny red potatoes. Add enough water to be seen thru the snaps. Let it go seven or eight hours while you’re out stalkin’ birds.

Birds don’t know one day from the next.

it was Easter Sunday after noon. always enjoyed that after dinner.

Think I'm going to go up to Baltimore this weekend. Spending time with family is probably more important to me now than ever. You never know if you're going to be able to see them again.

I know the drivers need time off but off weekends suck. I caught myself wanting to watch Friday practices, this week.

What are you all doing this weekend? Easter plans?

Me??? I might be cooking Sunday dinner. I invited my daughter, I hope she comes. It's hard, my parents are both gone, there is a huge rift in my family. No family dinners anymore.

What do you make for Easter dinner when someone (me) doesn't like ham??????
Cook what ever you do like. I'm not a great ham fan either.

Ham is awful
Those are fightin' words

On topic...I hate off weekends but it gives me a chance to catch up on some spring cleaning. Plus there is baseball season that just started and also the NBA playoffs. I might even head out to the lake with the woman and do some fishing for the first time in about 7 years.

MAVTV. They have all sorts of racing, dirt and asphalt.

Water too. Can't forget about drag boats and sprint boats.

Going to the desert to hang out with the extended family. Easter is always a good time.

I'll probably be closer to NASCAR country than I ever will be this year, unless I end up going to the southern 500. Got tickets to the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head this Sat. and Sunday, leaving Fri and Monday for family time around in the Beaufort and Florence SC area.

Since I have a 5 year old, doing Easter stuff on Sunday, then afterwards, probably watch some racing, maybe play some GTA/O and or the Gran Tursimo Sport Beta. Saturday the wife and mom are taking the kiddo to Disney On Ice ( wife's boss bought the tickets for the kiddo) . Got my monthly meeting to attend Sat night. So it is going to somewhat of a busy weekend.

Wish NASCAR had a standalone for Xfinity or Trucks. They ran some Darlington standalones a few years ago in the early 2010's that would be cool to have back.

I have the Indy Car Long Beach race waiting for me on DVR and if time allows this weekend (working half day Friday so some extra time this weekend), I'll YouTube a late 80's-mid 90's Cup race from North Wilkesboro or Bristol

Last edited:
I'm leaving southern California Fri morning for 3 races in a row, Houston/ Charlotte/ and Atlanta. I should be driving across Texas on Easter. But, I will stop for a nice Easter dinner somewhere.:)
Will be there for Friday nite flames in Atlanta. Safe travels.

Pretty pumped this weekend is the Arctic Cat Circuit Spring Nationals at Attica Raceway. Can't beat top notch sprint car racing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom