OK....I'll post some live stuff...metal music!!!!

Ashstrodamus

Team Owner
@2:53....give the solo a listen. I'm not the normal singer, so don't take it out on me!

[yt]

Nice. I'm impressed; I'm terrible at singing and playing at the same time.

Is the guitar an Ibanez RG? That's my first guess, but I also wondered about ESP or Jackson. The video's grainy and I can't tell.

Nice. I'm impressed; I'm terrible at singing and playing at the same time.

Is the guitar an Ibanez RG? That's my first guess, but I also wondered about ESP or Jackson. The video's grainy and I can't tell.
That's an Ibanez USA Custom. I also own an Ibanez Prestige RGT. You were close on your guess! I've got two acoustics(Fender Montara and some cheapo Yamaha) and a Strat knockoff by Fernandes.

That's an Ibanez USA Custom. I also own an Ibanez Prestige RGT. You were close on your guess! I've got two acoustics(Fender Montara and some cheapo Yamaha) and a Strat knockoff by Fernandes.

I thought it was an Ibanez, but on a 7" tablet screen I couldn't tell for sure. Aren't USA Ibanez's a pretty rare breed?

I thought it was an Ibanez, but on a 7" tablet screen I couldn't tell for sure. Aren't USA Ibanez's a pretty rare breed?
Yes they are. Hand air-brushed. I wished I had taken better care of it, but I got it to play shows. It plays great, but it's beat all to hell.

Yes they are. Hand air-brushed. I wished I had taken better care of it, but I got it to play shows. It plays great, but it's beat all to hell.

Is it one of these models? I've never actually seen one in person.

latest

The right/center one. Music of the Sphere. I was told less than 200 of them were made.

Nice; guitar designs used to be a lot more creative.

I could talk guitars all day. My newest one that I got a couple months ago is a Squier Bullet Strat. Very cheap guitar that comes with the stigma of playing of a Squier included free of charge. But the thing is fun to play, the neck is extremely comfortable, and the stock pickups are better than just adequate; it's HSS, so it's got the Strat sound and can still get pretty heavy. I'm by no means what I would consider a good shredder, but this thing is even great for tapping. It's metallic black but that doesn't show up very well in pictures of them.
0310017565.png

Last edited:
Nice! The bullets are very decent guitars. My buddy had a blue one that played great.

They really are. You can find some great playing instruments in the cheap guitars these days. I like the metallic Bullet Strat so well, I'd actually like to get it's Tele twin and have a matching set.
H99378000003000-00-500x500.jpg

They really are. You can find some great playing instruments in the cheap guitars these days. I like the metallic Bullet Strat so well, I'd actually like to get it's Tele twin and have a matching set.
H99378000003000-00-500x500.jpg
Just a warning on the tele. I don't know if it's the missing cutout of the Strat, but a buddy actually bought one not so long ago and I hated how it played. That thing was stiff as a board. Maybe some lighter strings would've helped, but I did not like the tele at all.

Teles do have a different feel than Strats. Was that one a Bullet Tele?

Teles do have a different feel than Strats. Was that one a Bullet Tele?
Nah, don't think so. I think it was a Mexican Tele. It's been a while since I disliked a guitar as much as that one. It was like playing a cinderblock!

Nah, don't think so. I think it was a Mexican Tele. It's been a while since I disliked a guitar as much as that one. It was like playing a cinderblock!

A cinderblock? That is bad.

Bad thing is if I did manage to find one of the matching bullet teles it would have to be a mail order/no chance to try deal. Good thing is Squier Bullets are generally cheap enough that if you don't like it you can sell it without too much of a loss or just use it for tinkering and modding/customization.

Back
Top Bottom