Only seven more weeks until Subway 400

• Thread starter 4xchampncountin
  • Start date

4xchampncountin

The Subway 400 in North Carolina is only seven weeks away. February 23rd, 2003. I miss real racing so bad, I can hardly wait. There is a "race" at Daytona the week before, but it really doesn't even count to me. It is a restrictor plate "race". Which isn't really a race at all. But, it will still be nice to see the guys back. Even if it is for a parade at 200mph with everybody trying to "avoid the Big One".

Well we get this argument four times a year, every year! It's a race........most evident that it's not a race you like, but a race just the same. I'm waiting on the "my grandmother could win a plate race".:D

I love those races!!!! Its fun to watch. Tell me the truth if you spend time posting on message boards then you are proably going to be watching alot of the 72 hours from daytona. I know I will watch as much as i can starting Tuesday!!

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Well we get this argument four times a year, every year!  It's a race........most evident that it's not a race you like, but a race just the same.  I'm waiting on the "my grandmother could win a plate race".:D
If my grandmother could drive a DEI car she might win a race at Daytona. Just kidding, grandma was blind and she passed away several years ago. But if Michael Waltrip can win one in one, she might have had a shot at it.

I don't care for plate racing either, but it beats what we have now, which is nothing.

Rockingham is my second favorite track, after Darlington, so I always eagerly await that race as well. But at this point, I'd settle for a 200 mph parade...at least for a few laps.

i like the plate races but i like indy a whole lot better (only when jeffy ain't dominating)

I'd have to say Vegas is pretty cool only because i go every year, and have awesome seats at the end of the front stretch. I can see all the pit action and the racing is getting better there every year. But i'd like to go to Charlotte or Darlington, and of course Bristol if i could get tickets...lol.

i can understand why folks fuss about "restrictor plate racing", but i like the fact that resrtictor plate racing is a part of the Winston Cup season because is causes diversity in the sport. the greatest thing about NASCAR Winston Cup to me is the fact that 43 drivers have to race different types of races, i.e. restrictor plate, small tracks, mid-sized tracks, road courses, etc......... it makes the sport interesting, and keeps the drivers "honest"(somewhat)..........a true Winston Cup champ, can overcome all different types of tracks, and all different types of racing............. i love it y'all!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will watch most, if not all of the Daytona 500. I just wish they could start with a real race, like Bristol. But, I will definitely watch Daytona. If only because I miss NASCAR.

Back
Top Bottom