Open Wheel Trivia

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
R

Restrictor Plate King!

You guys can't let there be NASCAR trivia & not have one for open wheel racing? So i'll start it off with an easy question and then just like the other when you answer it ask another:

First question is from the PPG IndyCar series:
Which Penske Chassis won the most races in a single season?

You guys can't let there be NASCAR trivia & not have one for open wheel racing? So i'll start it off with an easy question and then just like the other when you answer it ask another:

First question is from the PPG IndyCar series:
Which Penske Chassis won the most races in a single season?

I am not ignoring you I just don't know a whole lot about open-wheel cars. Sorry.

Yeah, I guess this was kind of hard question, not alot of CART IndyCar knowledgeable people. The answer was the PC23 chassis that they raced back in 1994. It won 12 of 16 races including 8 by Al Unser Jr. OK, i'll try to make this next one a little better:

How many drivers have won Indy 4 times & who are they?

Al Unser Jr.

AJ Foyt

Rick Mears.

What is the winningest car number?

Hey Canadian GP, Al Unser Sr won 4 Indys not Unser Jr, Unser Jr only won 2 500's (92 & 94). It's your turn to ask another question...

DOH, my bad! :eek:

Name all the female drivers who have tried to make the race.

OK not sure but um gonna say:

Janet Guthrie
Desire Wilson or Washington<? did not start
Lyn St. James
Sarah Fisher
Danica Patrick
Milka Dunno

Those are the ones I know about, as far as I can remember, Desire passed the rookie test but did not make the race. Let me know if those are correct & then here's the next question:

Back in the early 90's I ended a 37 year long drought when I became the first rookie driver to win from the pole in my very first CART race. Who am I?

Sweet, lets keep it going with this next one:
By looking at this photo, tell me what race this is & who these three drivers are?
8time500championsps7.jpg

Mario Andretti, AJ Foyt, Rick Mears at the 1991 (?) Indy 500

New Question

4 Drivers who have one both CART/Champ Car and Formula 1 Championships

4 Drivers who have one both CART/Champ Car and Formula 1 Championships

correct ajk112802, it's the front row for the 1991 Indianapolis 500. The greatest front row ever, 8 Indy 500's among the three of them. To answer the next question:

OK I think it's:

Mario Andretti (?? John Player Special, Newman/Haas ???)
Jacques Villenueve (Forsythe 1995, Willliams 97 or 98???)
Emerson Fittipaldi (Patrick Racing 1989 ???)
Nigel Mansell (Williams 1992, Newman/Haas 1993)

Drivers who have won both the Indy 500 & Daytona 500?

Sorry for the delay RPK! You are of course correct. Now, as a Miami native, my next question is:
Where was the open wheel racing event originally held in South Florida and who was the winner?

Sorry for the delay RPK! You are of course correct. Now, as a Miami native, my next question is:
Where was the open wheel racing event originally held in South Florida and who was the winner?

Nice one and kinda tricky if you're not a fan of CART since 1979, the official first year of Championship Auto Racing Teams so here ya go:

I remember in the early 80's they ran on the streets of Miami & I think the winner was Danny Sullivan the first time they ran. Then there was like a hiatus for a few years and then they went back again in 1995 again on the streets of Miami and the winner that time was Jacques Villenueve in the Players Forsythe Reynard Ford Cosworth. I remember that one, he was pretty strong in 1995. I originaly thought Al Unser Jr would beat him for the title but it was not to be I guess. OK, here the next question:

In 1984 Rick Mears severely injured his feet at San Air speedway & was out of the racecar for about a year. Where was his first victory after his return to the ****pit?

Pocono

I'm going to let someone else post a question this time, maybe they can stump you ;)

Back
Top Bottom