Option Tires for Richmond

The best part about this concept ... is that NASCAR is going to leave when to change tires completely up to the teams.
l hope that means it's up to the teams whether they use only one type, that they're not required to use each type at least once. Mandating using both types is my biggest dislike of IndyCar.

I wish there was a way to make short pitting under green a more desirable option. It usually makes the comers and go'ers a bigger thing.

But it tough with the necessary pit road speeds. My first thought would be to save them for a late race caution pit stops with about 10 to 15 laps to go being the best time.

I would think you had better have a set on hand for a late caution, otherwise you will be a sitting duck or whatever they call it.

I just hope there's a big enough difference between the 2 options. Like one is a second a lap faster but falls off in half the time or something

probably will be
one that last 50 laps
and
one that last entire race
Eh, I don't know. If they have multiple sets of each, with non stage cautions and all, I think it is possible to be able to switch them around to take advantage of the situation. At least I hope it works out that way.

Seems like at NWB as soon as they could get off the hardest tire (they both were hard) they went to the softer of the two and that was all they ran. Makes sense to run the softest fastest tire and play russian roulette hoping somebody blows one so they can come in and get a new set under caution if the harder tire is noticeably slower.
I don't have any faith Goodyear is going to make a soft tire, what the hell am I thinking?

thankyou.gif

Seems like at NWB as soon as they could get off the hardest tire (they both were hard) they went to the softer of the two and that was all they ran. Makes sense to run the softest fastest tire and play russian roulette hoping somebody blows one so they can come in and get a new set under caution if the harder tire is noticeably slower.
I don't have any faith Goodyear is going to make a soft tire, what the hell am I thinking?
The thing about NWB is it's new pavement and there wasn't going to be much tire wire no matter what they brought. Richmond will be a different animal and a longer race.

They’re trying stuff. Rejoice! If they miss the mark this time, it’ll probably have more to do with ambient/track temperature than choice of compounds.

Sooner or later they’ll hit on the right combination for Richmond and several other tracks.

The thing about NWB is it's new pavement and there wasn't going to be much tire wire no matter what they brought. Richmond will be a different animal and a longer race.
Actually the pavement at NWB is very abrasive.

They’re trying stuff. Rejoice!

Sooner or later they’ll hit on the right combination for Richmond and several other tracks.
I'm going with hoping there is a sleight improvement. Ever since Indy the tires have been rocks and that was a long time ago. They screwed up once since then and made soft ones at Bristol. They barely got away with that because there was some criticism from the normal whiners, but they were quickly sent packing by the court of public opinion.

Back
Top Bottom