O'Reilly Spring National Comments

N

NateDogg

First off, How about John Force still not makin it past the first round this year. I guess after 10 titles you might have a rut, ha. He is defintally not has been but you gotta wonder when is he going to snap back in place. Nevermind that though, the funny car final was an awsome race. Neck and neck all the way down. Check out the intervals of Tony Pedregon's winning run: incremental margins (negative if behind): 60ft(-0.011), 330 ft(0.008), 660ft(-0.012), 1,000ft(-0.009). MOV: 0.0107 seconds (approximately 5 feet).
Doug Kalitta cruised to a event win in top fuel. Savoie was out of the gate first in her final run taking the win my a narrow margin, she is a tough one. Hines lit red in the first round, thats too bad, I want to see that harley cook. That will be something if he starts winning with that engine. Kurt Johnson edged Scott Geoffrion in pro stock finals, hey a chevy vs ford final!

Nate,

When you speak to Panella, let me know if he "fesses up" to someone named "Meaux" (sounds like moe) either doing his heads or being the inspiration behind those heads.

allright, I will wright it down next to all the other things that I am going to ask him about the headers. I will have to get a press pass, haha. Have we talked about the deal with the heads?

I cannot believe that John Force is doing so poorly this year. While Savoie had a good final run, many times, it's the bike that wins the race.

All in all, good racing as always. Can't wait for Englishtown! :bounce:

Originally posted by NateDogg@Apr 13 2003, 10:05 PM
allright, I will wright it down next to all the other things that I am going to ask him about the headers. I will have to get a press pass, haha. Have we talked about the deal with the heads?
LOL!!! No, we haven't talked about the heads. I'm only guessing, BUT I bet Larry Meaux either did the heads or at some point in time did a set of heads for Panella that tought him a few things...that found their way into these heads.

Do an internet search on Larry Meaux (even Meaux Racing Heads...make sure you're looking at the right Larry Meaux!). The "damndest" things pop up!

Stuff like this:

http://www.aprweather.com/pages/calc.htm

wow, thats crazy stuff.
Wind Speed & Direction Estimation Calculation
what the... What ever happened to picking up a few blades of grass to check the wind? heh. Boy, I am behind times, I got some catching up to do.

Savoie did win a couple lights, but yeah, a fast bike always helps. As of Force, that just shows people that even the best struggle in drag racing. What an awsome sport it is. Englishtown :cheers:

Originally posted by NateDogg@Apr 16 2003, 11:14 AM
wow, thats crazy stuff.
Wind Speed & Direction Estimation Calculation
what the... What ever happened to picking up a few blades of grass to check the wind? heh. Boy, I am behind times, I got some catching up to do.
I tell ya, Larry's got things figured out. When I ran across Larry and his algorithms, I finally knew I was going in the right direction. Idependently, we both came up with predictors that have different "source data" and data manipulation, but yet will hit within 2 - 5 hp of each other. In fact, as a verifying mechanism, I'll run one of his SW predictors after I've done my own work and wind up with nearly identical predictions. Let me tell you, it's nice having a "back up".

don't know how I missed this post but, I did a google on Larry Meaux and didn't find any algorithims of his but I did find some interesting stuff none the less. That is great havinga back up, thats a good feeling when someone else has the same as you.

Back
Top Bottom