OTL report: 500 miles apart

DUN24

Skeptical of the Spectacle

Good watch. Good reminder of how huge North American Open Wheel racing was in the mid 90's but pretty depressing at the same time. The split destroyed open wheel racing in this country and it will probably never ever completely recover.

Look at the crowd at the inaugural US 500 in Michigan!!

Yeah.......It was sad. :( The split sure did hurt a lot. Hopefully one day it will be back where it was. But I think Indycar is still pretty exciting. I still love it. :)

Yeah.......It was sad. :( The split sure did hurt a lot. Hopefully one day it will be back where it was. But I think Indycar is still pretty exciting. I still love it. :)

It is still exciting but damn it was F1 big at one time..

I do remember that day, and what a black eye the US 500 got because of the crash at the start. And while a lot of people still blame Tony George for that fiasco, he certainly isn't the only one at fault.

I do remember that day, and what a black eye the US 500 got because of the crash at the start. And while a lot of people still blame Tony George for that fiasco, he certainly isn't the only one at fault.
The CART owners were assholes too, but 25/8 is what tore the whole thing wide open and that is strictly Tony George's fault and greed after he realized none of the owners gave a damn about his ****** series.

Back
Top Bottom