• Tandem

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
I prefer the tandem honestly.

This?

or this?

I'll admit I am biased. I started watching in '09, when the tandem had really started to be used and became the way they did it. I never saw much of the pack. I thought then and still think that it was great. When they let them talk to each other on the radio to work together. Gold. I know it's a lot of the older and long time fans that were the ones that didn't like the tandem and caused NASCAR to go back to this type of racing. Imo the tandem is not only much safer, because the pairs of cars were more spaced out and didn't collect so many other cars.. but it was better racing. Don't get me wrong I do love the pack. Talladega is marked on my calendar as a holiday and I don't care how they do it really. I just liked the tandem more. Thought it made for better racing there was a new leader every lap pretty much. Most lead changes in NASCAR history (89 I think) and tied for the closest finish in NASCAR history.

I do like the NW package, they're able to run in a pack and use the tandem when they need to. That would be great to see in cup.

Tandem was cool and way better. I liked the strategy aspect of it.

Packem and stackem, I just had to be different, as long as It's a race I will enjoy it.

Definitely prefer the pack to tandem racing.

Didn't like how at any given time with the tandem, half of the field was forced to push another car. Now with the pack, drivers have much more freedom.

If the pack is 1 wide like the ending, then tandem. If the pack if big, than pack.

IMO, tandem sucks because someone could be eliminated simply from an overheated mill, or someone gets turned while attempting the switch.
Pack sucks because it's either a snoozer or a dangerous wreckfest.
Either way, it's a crapshoot that anyone is capable of winning. IMO, it's not racing.

Tandem definitely. I liked the cooperation level needed...it was cooler before NASCAR stopped letting the drivers directly communicate.

Back
Top Bottom