Packers/Eagles

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another Tie game in OT, but cheeseheads are threatening to score and win! AND THEY DID! :bounce: :D

AND PHILADEPHIA WON, AND THEY DID! Power to Donovan McNabb and the Eagles !

Guess Rush Limbaugh has to be kicking himself now. :lol:

It was a pretty good game, my kinda game that goes in overtime. Hopefully, the conference championships can be just as exciting as this. McNabb had some key plays today.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jan 12 2004, 01:16 AM
AND PHILADEPHIA WON, AND THEY DID! Power to Donovan McNabb and the Eagles !

Guess Rush Limbaugh has to be kicking himself now. :lol:

It was a pretty good game, my kinda game that goes in overtime. Hopefully, the conference championships can be just as exciting as this. McNabb had some key plays today.
McNabb also has some pretty bone-headed plays that could have cost his team the game several times, like throwing the ball up for grabs twice with the Eagles down by 3 but in perfect condition to kick the game-tying field goal. The Packers were the best team on the field today. If Mike Sherman hadn't choked and decided to punt in when they had 4th and 1 from the Eagles 40 yard line the Packers would have picked up the first and ran out the clock. The Eagles hadn't stopped the Packers from running all game and they wouldn't have stopped them that time either. Then Favre just throws one totally up for grabs for no reason, basically handing the Eagles the victory.

Not only is McNabb overrated, his team is even more overrated.

Oh come on, leading your team to a comeback is overrated? When you're out there on the field as a quarterback, you're expected to take chances and most of the passes I've seen from him were dead on accurate. There have been plays where the offensive line didnt give him an inch of protection, yet he broke away and completed passes, anyone who thinks that he still sucks, I want that person to be in that #5 jersey on gameday.

Gimme a break, Eagles overrated? They've made the playoffs the past couple years and I think their hard work is finally paying off for them.

Packer fans, I'm very sorry, but destiny aint on your side today.

I think I argee with 4x. Hmmm, the score is GB 17 & Philly 14. It's 4th down & 26 yards to go to the 1st down and the Eagles are backed up on their own 26 yard line with 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go in the game. They get the first down on a play that was clearly short of the 1st & they end up kicking the tying field goal? And the NFL is not fixed?

I hate it when the ppl I know compare Nascar with the WWF. There is no diff between the NFL & WWF IMO. There is more $$$ that changes hands on a NFL/ College football weekend than you & I will ever dream of seeing in our lifetime.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jan 11 2004, 08:13 PM
Gimme a break, Eagles overrated? They've made the playoffs the past couple years and I think their hard work is finally paying off for them.
Yes, and I think Carolina will beat them next week & I usually don't make predictions like this.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Jan 12 2004, 03:08 AM
I think I agee with 4x. Hmmm, the score is GB 17 & Philly 14. It's 4th down & 26 yards to go to the 1st down and the Eagles are backed on their own 26 yard line with 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go in the game. They get the first down on a play that was clearly short & they kick the tying field goal? And the NFL is not fixed?
I was thinking that too. I was kind of surprised the Broadcasters pointed out the fact that it was a terrible spot. I was even more surprised that the Packers didn't challenge the spot, if they had any challenges left. I don't know if they had any challenges left or not, but that spot was at least 3 yards farther then the receiver even thought about getting on that play.

hey I'm a cheifs fan and ya don't hear me cryin, I'm bitchin, greg robinson sucks, they even fired up a firegregrobinson.com website. Please I beg you go sign the petition to fire greg robinson.

Between you & me 4x...the guy we went to Packer games with back in the 80's at County Stadium in Milwaukee would point out so many things at a Packer game or at a game we were watching on tv a tavern...it would get the most optimistic fans thinking.

There is very little doubt to me that most big-time sports are at least a little shady.

There is way too much money up for grabs when a small market team takes on a big market media favorite like Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, LA, etc.

The NBA has been proving this for years.

why is it when somebody's team or driver gets beat 9 times out of 10 they say the game or the race is fixed?

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Jan 11 2004, 09:29 PM
why is it when somebody's team or driver gets beat 9 times out of 10 they say the game or the race is fixed?
I don't know.

Why does a Matt Kenseth fan get pissed that his driver does not get the coverage that a Dale Jr. gets? Especially when Matt beats Jr. 9 times out of ten?

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Jan 12 2004, 03:29 AM
I never said anything was downright fixed (except the race Dale Jr won in NASCAR's return to Daytona right after his dad died).

It's just that bad calls happen to small market teams much too often for it to be merely coinsidence.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Jan 11 2004, 09:29 PM
Seriously I don't know what game they were watching, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, I watched it twice on Sportscenter and both times they got Mitchell right when he was on the first down line. And Farve gets the blame for that absolutely boneheaded throw in overtime. At least we won't have to hear about the team of destiny anymore and how angels are carrying them to the Super Bowl.
And Steve, on the Packer forums I've been frequenting since the game, they realize it wasn't the refs that cost them the game, it was their teams inability to come up with the big play when they needed it, and a horrible coaching decision by Sherman to not go for it, and Farve's horrible pass. So it's not all Packer fans, just a few.

Originally posted by Parkfan@Jan 12 2004, 04:03 AM
Seriously I don't know what game they were watching, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, I watched it twice on Sportscenter and both times they got Mitchell right when he was on the first down line. And Farve gets the blame for that absolutely boneheaded throw in overtime. At least we won't have to hear about the team of destiny anymore and how angels are carrying them to the Super Bowl.
I agree with that "angel stuff" getting old.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin+Jan 11 2004, 10:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4xchampncountin @ Jan 11 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Parkfan@Jan 12 2004, 04:03 AM
Seriously I don't know what game they were watching, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me, I watched it twice on Sportscenter and both times they got Mitchell right when he was on the first down line.  And Farve gets the blame for that absolutely boneheaded throw in overtime.  At least we won't have to hear about the team of destiny anymore and how angels are carrying them to the Super Bowl.
I agree with that "angel stuff" getting old. [/b][/quote]
Me too, but it made for great ratings as far as the NFL was concerned. So I was surprised that the outcome wasn't different. But the NFL doesn't need the Dale Jr. gravy train to ride them to the top since they are already there.

Back
Top Bottom