Parker Kligerman

Possibly, although Truex is doing in the East Series what Kligerman is doing in ARCA.

Truex is lucky that Dibenedeto isn't running them all. He has just as many wins as Truex with less starts.

I knew that. I wouldnt be shocked to see the younger Truex run a few Cup races(3-4) in the #66 next year.

I knew that. I wouldnt be shocked to see the younger Truex run a few Cup races(3-4) in the #66 next year.

I doubt they would run him in cup so soon, maybe Nationwide. Although I don't think he is 18 yet anyway so he can't even run trucks. Probably more East and maybe ARCA for next year i'd bet.

Turns 18 in mid-March next year, so I would assume he will move to a full(remaining) Nationwide and Truck series schedule. This is just speculation but I wouldnt be shocked to see him attempt to qualify in the #66(or a 3rd MWR or 2nd JTG team) on weekends where all 3 series are at the same track(Indianapolis, Bristol in August, Texas and Phoenix in November, Miami), kind of like what JGR started to do with Logano. It seems to be the formula used nowadays.

Possibly, although Truex is doing in the East Series what Kligerman is doing in ARCA.

Of the 11 race schedule that East runs they only run on 4 tracks that a driver would see later down the road as a career movers forward. ARCA this season runs on 8 of those tracks. Winning a race at MIS at age 18 will be remembered long after winning a race at Greenville, Tri County or Thompson at any age. East goes to some great tracks and likely the short tracks are better but you just can not compare to the speedway experience you gain in ARCA.

I talked with Chase Mattiolis dad at Iowa and he said the ARCA deal is alot tougher deal than East. They thought it would be much of the same from series to series but it is not.

I sure Truex will make it in due time as will Kligerman.

I would say their window is 2-3 years, as stated though I like Kligerman's chances of moving up faster if he leaves Penske. Look at how slow they have been with Allgaier. I would guess both get seat time in the Truck and Nationwide series(maybe running close to full schedules in both depending on dates) and 2 or 3 races at the Cup level as well. Gibbs will probably run Dibenedeto in the #02 some next year as well for a few races. However you slice it, NASCAR has some great young drivers that will be in the Cup very shortly: Dillon, Kligerman, Truex, Earnhardt, Bayne, Buescher, Dibenedeto. I am guessing if Randy Moss ever decides to run a Cup schedule you could add Malsem to that list as well.

I would say their window is 2-3 years, as stated though I like Kligerman's chances of moving up faster if he leaves Penske. Look at how slow they have been with Allgaier. I would guess both get seat time in the Truck and Nationwide series(maybe running close to full schedules in both depending on dates) and 2 or 3 races at the Cup level as well. Gibbs will probably run Dibenedeto in the #02 some next year as well for a few races. However you slice it, NASCAR has some great young drivers that will be in the Cup very shortly: Dillon, Kligerman, Truex, Earnhardt, Bayne, Buescher, Dibenedeto. I am guessing if Randy Moss ever decides to run a Cup schedule you could add Malsem to that list as well.
How slow they've been with Allgaier? :rolleyes:

Dude, they signed him on a development deal a week before New Jersey (where he started his three race winning streak that resulted in him winning the 2008 ARCA Championship).

He's running Nationwide full-time and likely will make some Cup starts at the end of the year. I fully expect they'll move Kligerman to Nationwide next season.

As far as Kligerman, should they move him straight to Cup from ARCA? Because that worked out real well for Michael McDowell, Scott Speed and Stuart Kirby. :sarcasm:

Allgaier will probably end up in Sideways Stremee's car in Spitcup next year and Kligerman in Nationwide. With the talent those two have, I don't see Roger Penske letting them go very easily... they could win him several championships between them.

Austin Dillon hasn't impressed me in the least. He needs a lot more ARCA seat time before they move him to Nationwide or Cup.

A lot of people at the short tracks tell me, as talented as James Buescher is, Chris Buescher has that much more talent than James. If that's true, yikes!

I'd keep an eye on Ricky Stenhouse Jr and Sean Caisse (who actually won the big ARCA race at Rockingham). They're both transitioing in to the Nationwide Series.

I posted another thread about her, but I've been told Johanna Long (who's on a development deal with Venturinni) is also really talented. Another girl I'd be keeping an eye on is Megan Retineour from Ohio. In fact, she won a few SCSCS races (basically, older USAR Pro Cup cars) last year and nearly won that championship.

A lot of young talent out there on the short tracks with a lot of potential. Now, if we could only get the Cup drivers out of the Nationwide Series so these drivers get a chance to show what they've got. As long as Cup drivers occupy all the good rides in the Nationwide Series, these young drivers will never get a chance to get in a good car and show what they've got. And NASCAR needs to put a stop to it because the team owners and the Cup drivers won't.

Dillon impressing you or not really has nothing to do with it. If Harvick leaves RCR the #29 will probably be Dillons, if he stays then he gets the #07 a year after when Mears is **** canned, or he could possibly take one of the open EGR rides.

As for Kligerman, going straight to Cup from ARCA didnt hurt Logano all that much. A full Nationwide/Truck schedule with Cup starts spread throughout probably wouldnt hurt him at all.

I dont really think much of Sean Caisse, he will probably be a Johnny Sauter at best.

Dillon impressing you or not really has nothing to do with it. If Harvick leaves RCR the #29 will probably be Dillons, if he stays then he gets the #07 a year after when Mears is **** canned, or he could possibly take one of the open EGR rides.

As for Kligerman, going straight to Cup from ARCA didnt hurt Logano all that much. A full Nationwide/Truck schedule with Cup starts spread throughout probably wouldnt hurt him at all.

I dont really think much of Sean Caisse, he will probably be a Johnny Sauter at best.

Logano had Nationwide starts before he went to Cup... three months worth. Not to trash Joey because I like him, but HE hasn't won a race yet, he rode Zippy's back piggyback style in to victory lane.

If Sean Caisse can calm down on his, um, full contact driving style:D, he'll be just fine. He's already done a hell of a lot more in his career than Austin Dillon and without the advantage of Richard Childress equipment either. I guess you missed his big win at Rockingham or the numerous races last year where Caisse was in the top 3 all race. What has Austin Dillon done?:rolleyes:

Believe it or not, ARCA experience is worth a whole lot more than Camping World Series experience. The biggest tracks the East Series races on are New Hampshire, Dover, Iowa and the road courses. ARCA races at Daytona, Talladega, Kentucky, Pocono, Michigan, Chicagoland, Kansas, Salem (which is a lot like Bristol), Iowa, the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park and Rockingham. Which track is more likely to get you ready for Daytona: Daytona or South Boston? :rolleyes:

I ain't knocking short track racing because I love the short tracks, but NASCAR only races on three short tracks now and the only tracks I've ever seen with similarities to Bristol and Martinsville are Salem, Langley Speedway and the half-mile oval Andy Hillenburg is building just off the backstretch at The Rock.

Back to the point, Austin Dillon ain't ready for Nationwide or Cup. He's nowhere close to ready for Sprint Cup. He'd be better off hiring AJ Allmendinger for next season and running Dillon in the remainder of the ARCA Series for this year.

Maybe Childress will hire Danica!
jet.gif

going straight to Cup from ARCA didnt hurt Logano all that much.

Logano ran like 2 or 3 ARCA races before going full time in Cup. I think he only ran 1 ARCA race before his first cup start.

Logano had Nationwide starts before he went to Cup... three months worth. Not to trash Joey because I like him, but HE hasn't won a race yet, he rode Zippy's back piggyback style in to victory lane.

If Sean Caisse can calm down on his, um, full contact driving style:D, he'll be just fine. He's already done a hell of a lot more in his career than Austin Dillon and without the advantage of Richard Childress equipment either. I guess you missed his big win at Rockingham or the numerous races last year where Caisse was in the top 3 all race. What has Austin Dillon done?:rolleyes:

Believe it or not, ARCA experience is worth a whole lot more than Camping World Series experience. The biggest tracks the East Series races on are New Hampshire, Dover, Iowa and the road courses. ARCA races at Daytona, Talladega, Kentucky, Pocono, Michigan, Chicagoland, Kansas, Salem (which is a lot like Bristol), Iowa, the road course at New Jersey Motorsports Park and Rockingham. Which track is more likely to get you ready for Daytona: Daytona or South Boston? :rolleyes:

I ain't knocking short track racing because I love the short tracks, but NASCAR only races on three short tracks now and the only tracks I've ever seen with similarities to Bristol and Martinsville are Salem, Langley Speedway and the half-mile oval Andy Hillenburg is building just off the backstretch at The Rock.

Back to the point, Austin Dillon ain't ready for Nationwide or Cup. He's nowhere close to ready for Sprint Cup. He'd be better off hiring AJ Allmendinger for next season and running Dillon in the remainder of the ARCA Series for this year.
Dillon and Caisse have each ran the same amount of NASCAR races, and at least Dillon has a top 10 showing to his resume. It's funny you mention that "Dillon has RCR equipment" considering Caisse runs the same exact equipment. All of his races are run with RCR or KHI equipment. They even share the Nationwide ride IIRC(#2?). Dillon is also 4 years younger than Caisse.

If Harvick leaves RCR, I would imagine that seat(if it doesnt go to Dillon) is Keselowski's to lose. It would kind of seem fateful, if you think about it, considering the #29 is the traditional car # for the Keselowski family.

Dillon and Caisse have each ran the same amount of NASCAR races, and at least Dillon has a top 10 showing to his resume. It's funny you mention that "Dillon has RCR equipment" considering Caisse runs the same exact equipment. All of his races are run with RCR or KHI equipment. They even share the Nationwide ride IIRC(#2?). Dillon is also 4 years younger than Caisse.

Really, this is an RCR car?

-ck%20flag-2.jpg

Dillon and Caisse have each ran the same amount of NASCAR races, and at least Dillon has a top 10 showing to his resume.

Stephen Leicht has a win in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and he ain't even in a full-time ride for RCR. What's your point? :rolleyes:

You're right though, Childress is keeping that #29 seat warm for Austin Dillon. He has no plans of moving Leicht or Caisse up to full time rides in Nationwide either.

Really, this is an RCR car?

-ck%20flag-2.jpg
Yay, you post a picture of Sean Caisse's 1 ARCA win! You fail to mention though that in fewer races(3 to be exact), while Dillon doesnt have a win, he has the same # of top 10s and just 1 fewer top 5 finish? And despite what you want to think, Richard Childress owning the car notwithstanding, I am guessing Venturini(thats who Caisse drives for in ARCA, correct?) gets supplied by RCR quite well to run their development driver. And even if they dont get much help from RCR, isnt Venturini among the most well funded teams in ARCA? Isnt that the team that groomed Allgaier and Logano?

Either way, as if your argument wasnt already absurd, I was talking about what they run in the NASCAR lower levels to be exact. They both run RCR/KHI equipment, even sharing a car.

I am sorry about Logano, I assumed he ran more ARCA races than that the last few years.

Yay, you post a picture of Sean Caisse's 1 ARCA win! You fail to mention though that in fewer races(3 to be exact), while Dillon doesnt have a win, he has the same # of top 10s and just 1 fewer top 5 finish? And despite what you want to think, Richard Childress owning the car notwithstanding, I am guessing Venturini(thats who Caisse drives for in ARCA, correct?) gets supplied by RCR quite well to run their development driver. And even if they dont get much help from RCR, isnt Venturini among the most well funded teams in ARCA? Isnt that the team that groomed Allgaier and Logano?

Sean Caisse wasn't on a development deal when he won at Rockingham. Logano was already signed with Gibbs when he raced for Venturinni. In fact, three of his ARCA starts, Logano was already a Sprint Cup driver. :rolleyes:

How many ARCA cars has Austin Dillon torn up in those 4 ARCA starts? Didn't he wreck at Kentucky AND Iowa? :rolleyes:

So Venturinni being a funded team means he's got just as good equipment as the team that just won the NASCAR Nationwide Series championship last year and the Daytona 500 in 2007?:rolleyes:

BTW, Parker Kligerman won two of those races Austin was competing in.;)

Yeah, he's young and he's got time... that's the thing he needs, more seat time. He needs to get through some ARCA races without wrecking and knock off some top 5 fini... well, with the equipment he's in, top 2 finishes, before anyone even thinks about Sprint Cup.:rolleyes:

I'm not knocking the kid because I know he's got a ton of talent, I'm just saying he needs experience. It'd be one thing if his crashes in ARCA were the result of someone else wrecking him, but they weren't. They were because of inexperience.

You didn't see Ricky Stenhouse go wreck in qualifying every other week. Worst thing he did was wreck Scott Speed at Toledo and everyone chewed him a new ess whole for it. Can't hold that over him, he's taken his punches from it, he's learned and moved on, and he will be a force to be rekon with if he runs Nationwide full time next year.

Are you going to Kentucky Speedway this weekend? :lol2:

(couldn't resist;))

I'm going to go to something this weekend but I don't think i'll be going to KY. Was planning on going to Music City Motorplex until the new promotor cancelled the Camping World Series race.

If he aint in Nationwide full time next year someones brain aint working properly.
who was the no name a year or two ago that won (i think) at kentucky in nationwide out of the blue and the very next week had a cup ride?

Oh yea, that David Gilliland kid.

who was the no name a year or two ago that won (i think) at kentucky in nationwide out of the blue and the very next week had a cup ride?

Oh yea, that David Gilliland kid.

Um, 4 straight ARCA wins and a massive points lead in the ARCA Series at 18 years of age. Parker is the next Kyle Busch.

if davey had a cup ride the very next week, parker should be at least in nationwide by now.

I think Penske's grooming him the right way instead of rushing him to NASCAR. I could give a mile long list of very good ARCA drivers who were rushed in to NASCAR.

He can learn a lot from the remaining ARCA races. Especially Pocono, Kansas, Berlin, Chicago and The Rock.

I still think someone will sign him away from Penske.

I'd be willing to bet Penske is going to try his hardest not to let that young man get away. Parker is easily the stand out among the up and comers. And he's starting to get his dues. Rick Benjamin praises him all the time on Sirius NASCAR Radio, in fact he had him on last week. Actually, Rick Benjamin was at New Jersey last year when Parker made his (to my knowledge) first start.

Back
Top Bottom