Patio "Pot" Gardening - Super Sweet 100 Cherry Tomatoes

Racer1930

Team Owner
Well I told myself I wouldn't do it again - but I have.

First of all you have to have a really big pot so the roots can stretch out.

Super Sweet 100s are a hit-and-miss deal. When you "hit" and you get a thousand cherry tomatoes - it's like winning the lottery.

The only problem with SS100s is that if they do good they grow to about 9-feet tall and you have to get on a step ladder to harvest some of the fruits. Plus there are "plant support" issues...but when these things work you get really nice/sweet cherry tomatoes in huge numbers.

This year I went all-out on soil preps. Cleaned out all the remaining dirt from last year and got the Scotts big-bag potting soil at a good price at Walmart - sand - some lime to reduce PH level and some fertilizer I had leftover from last year.

Barring any unforeseen environmental conditions (and if I watch out for T-worms) I expect bigtime success (fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Note: You have to water them a lot...daily in Atlanta where I live.

Will keep all advised since there is no racing this is my only other hobby.

Well I told myself I wouldn't do it again - but I have.

First of all you have to have a really big pot so the roots can stretch out.

Super Sweet 100s are a hit-and-miss deal. When you "hit" and you get a thousand cherry tomatoes - it's like winning the lottery.

The only problem with SS100s is that if they do good they grow to about 9-feet tall and you have to get on a step ladder to harvest some of the fruits. Plus there are "plant support" issues...but when these things work you get really nice/sweet cherry tomatoes in huge numbers.

This year I went all-out on soil preps. Cleaned out all the remaining dirt from last year and got the Scotts big-bag potting soil at a good price at Walmart - sand - some lime to reduce PH level and some fertilizer I had leftover from last year.

Barring any unforeseen environmental conditions (and if I watch out for T-worms) I expect bigtime success (fingers crossed) :rolleyes:

Note: You have to water them a lot...daily in Atlanta where I live.

Will keep all advised since there is no racing this is my only other hobby.
I hope to see some pics of the plant when it starts producing.

Back
Top Bottom