Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans

S

SuperTex14

I dvr'd the second episode last night, haven't watched all of it yet but checked in to make sure the right show was being recorded, and it looks pretty good. Much of the episode was recorded at Road America, and the beginning of the segment was Patrick and his business partner driving around to all of the historic landmarks of the original race course on the country roads around Elkhart Lake. Seemed very much like Le Mans itself.

Of course the meat of the show is an inside look at how a sportscar racing team functions day-to-day and at the track. Cool if you're into that sort of thing.

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/patrick-dempsey-racing-le-mans/episode-guide.htm
5F1wnvq.jpg

Its a pretty good program about a famous guy trying to keep a team together. When I watch sports car racing he is often mentioned and I've noticed he has moved from a celebrity hobby racer to more of a real racer. I don't know how he can do it with so many responsibilities (and from what's been shown it looks like he might be over his head).

I watched an episode. I've kind of avoided it so far because I'm not crazy about celebrities trying to be real race car drivers (Dempsey, Franky Muniz - future IndyCar superstar, still waiting for that Franky; although I admit James Garner and Paul Newman are cool in my book). But, I caught an episode and it was pretty good.

I watched an episode. I've kind of avoided it so far because I'm not crazy about celebrities trying to be real race car drivers (Dempsey, Franky Muniz - future IndyCar superstar, still waiting for that Franky; although I admit James Garner and Paul Newman are cool in my book). But, I caught an episode and it was pretty good.
Dempsey seems more sincere than most of the celebs who dip their toe in the shallow end of racing; he's worked his way up through the lower sports car ranks and paid his dues. I also admire guys like Paul Newman, Walter Payton, and other rich guys who can afford to buy a ride or two, then figure out they don't have the desire or natural talent to be top level drivers, so they participate as team co-owners.

Back
Top Bottom