Patrick dream driver for Haas?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/162453.html

Gene Haas has named NASCAR's Danica Patrick as a "dream driver" for his new Formula One team.

Haas Formula is set to hit the track in 2016 once its US-based headquarters is up and running, but is yet to start negotiating with drivers. Haas has previously said he will seek one experienced F1 driver and one American driver, with Patrick fitting the mould for the latter as well as ticking several other boxes.

"Danica Patrick in one of our cars would be the dream driver…" Haas was quoted by Crash.net. "The question was about the dream driver! But she surely fits the bill. She is a woman in a man's sport - that would attract a lot of attention. She weighs about 50 kilos - which these day sounds fantastic - so indeed she's got a lot of attributes that would be good to have."

However, having a female is not at the top of Haas' priorities for his driver line-up.

"Realistically the first driver is going to be a current F1 driver who knows the ins and outs of the sport, to help us sort out what we have to do and who can give a lot of feedback. In that mould would be driver number one. Driver number two would be American."

++++++++++
For me, I dont want to see her in F1. Shes just starting to get the hang of cup, would hate to see her abandon it. F1 just does not have the excitement for me Cup does.

F1 is even harder then NASCAR. She would be the laughing stock of the whole world, instead of just america

:rolleyes: With her indycar experience, I doubt that. But everyone has an opinion.

F1 is even harder then NASCAR. She would be the laughing stock of the whole world, instead of just america
I doubt she would mind a few hecklers as she is laughing all the way to the bank.

She was in the second tier of drivers in Indycar so I don't think she would be competitive in F1. I think she should stick with one series and work on that.

I do think that a top tier driver in any series could be competitive in any series.

maybe they mean dreamr driver in terms of revenue with what she would bring the team re fans and sponsor $, I dont know. What, IMHO they dont realize, is if Patrick thinks she cant win I do not feel she would go even if asked and even if offered a bucket load of $ .

maybe they mean dreamr driver in terms of revenue with what she would bring the team re fans and sponsor $, I dont know. What, IMHO they dont realize, is if Patrick thinks she cant win I do not feel she would go even if asked and even if offered a bucket load of $ .
She'll be too old to be legitimately asked to even try to get a Super License. 34 is ancient in F1.

Odds are that no matter who drives in the first year, none of Haas's cars will be anywhere near the podium. The best thing for success is to get a young talent to develop for the future and a veteran F1 driver to help develop the car. She's too old to fit the first one and has no F1 experience to be a baseline for evaluating the development of the car.

you guys make sense. I hope you are right

Sounds like he is just dreaming.They aint no wave arounds, lucky dogs or wave arounds in F1.

I sure would like to see her back in Indycar. I really do miss watching her. I think she really would have been a great Indycar driver.

Doesn't sound like she's interested. From Jayski:

Patrick says Haas has not talked to her about F1 ride: #10-Danica Patrick said she is flattered that her name keeps coming up to go racing in Formula 1, but for now, at least, it's a non-starter. In a wide ranging interview with The Toronto Sun outside her motorhome at Michigan International Speedway on Friday, Patrick said her plate is full right now just trying to master the #10 Stewart Haas Racing Chevy in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series, where she is halfway through her second season in the big stock cars. The offer to go F-1 racing came from her NASCAR team co-owner Gene Haas, who plans on entering the open-wheel fray in the 2016 season with an all-American team. At the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal last weekend, Haas said Patrick would be considered as a driver for the team. Patrick, however, admitted she might have jumped at the opportunity 10 years ago, but her life has changed a lot since then and that she hasn't been asked by Haas or anybody else what her thoughts were on the subject. "I agree that anything is possible, but nobody has said anything to me," she said. "I am happy where I am at right now as far as racing goes. I am just starting to get the hang of Sprint Cup racing." Patrick didn't, though, absolutely rule out going back to open-wheel racing if the right offer came along. "Out of respect for Gene, if he came to me I would certainly listen, but I am almost getting too old (32) to start a third career," she said.(see full story at the Toronto Sun)(6-14-2014)

I sure would like to see her back in Indycar. I really do miss watching her. I think she really would have been a great Indycar driver.
I think she was getting closer to becoming a first tier driver in Indycar. (I consider a first tier driver to be one that generally runs near the front and capable of winning any race). She improved every year and was fifth in the points one year.

Back
Top Bottom