Paul Dana has Died

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Paul Dana died today in an IRL practice crash.

Ed Carpenter's car backied into the wall and came down the banking and Dana wasn't ble to turn away in time and T-boned the engine compartment

HOMESTEAD, Fla. - Driver Paul Dana died after a two-car crash Sunday during the warmup for the season-opening IRL IndyCar Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

i too just heard it on espn. thoughts and prayers go out to the dana family, and the rahal-letterman team. any report on ed carpenter?

I saw the replay --- it was a worse crash than the one that took Zanardi's legs.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families. And, to all the IRL --- they are family,too.

That was probably close to the worse crash I've ever seen.

RIP and my thoughts and prayers to both families.

NASCAR Safety, reason Robby left the IRL: Paul Dana's death in an Indy Racing League crash was a grim reminder for Robby Gordon of why he raced at Bristol Motor Speedway instead of Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday. "That's why I left," said Gordon, who gave up a promising open-wheel career to race NASCAR full time four years ago. "One hundred percent, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Indy cars are too fast for ovals, and they run ovals every weekend. If I run on ovals, then I'm running around in a stock car with a lot more protection around me and at less speeds as well." News of the fatality in Florida spread through the Nextel Cup garage about two hours before the Food City 500.(USA Today)(3-27-2006)

Back
Top Bottom