Penske to Dodge in 2003

R

Rustyfan500

Winston Cup Scene and Foxsports sources say it's a 98.9% chance Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman will be switching to Dodge next season. Penske has not made a final decision yet.

Dang..I just bought a new Ford racing gym bag too!

Somewhere Today I read that Rusty Is still saying that there is no question that there not going to dodge. I dont see why they would??

HardScrabble.....remember our (pm) conversation!!!! Will be interesting to see what happens here!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Imagine if they go back to Miller Genuine Draft, the black car, and put that on a Dodge. That would look slick.

Well Now that you bring up That car, which I beilive was a pontiac I have new feelings about Penske to Dodge. They swithed To Ford from Pontiac, So Now I truly believe that They WILL switch to dodge. Get on the Dodge bandwagon. But ya never know, It Silly Season.

no matter what they do to rusty, i doubt ill ever like him even some wierd instance that he was my mans team mate man that would be funny!!!! i can only imagine------HMS team mates jeffy and rusty lol, i think that would be a nite mare for both wallace and gordon fans!!!

Well Dodge is going to be the head of the calss next year they might top for with the number of cars next year. And some people said that the Dodge will not last when they announced that they where commign back.

Roger has already decided to change his IRL team over to Toyota next yr....who's to say that he isn't in a house cleaning mood all across the board????? Wouldn't surprise me to see Team Penske in a dodge next yr.....

Well just look at this past weekend. Dodge won poles for three of the races (Cup, Truck, Arca), and won in all four main series that raced last week (Cup, Busch, Truck, Arca). They are definitely the top of their class right now.

I remember well HH,

Penske to Dodge; Penske to Pontiac

Penske's contract with Ford is slated to end after this season. Naturally he has talked and is talking with all the manufacturers to find the best deal for his teams. What other info is needed for Silly Season to crank it up this year?

Not sure what his sponsorship deals are with Miller Brewing, All Tel and the associate sponsors, but it seems that Roger wants big bucks from a manufacturer to run their badge. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million. When Pontiac was in the rumors as a possible destination for Roger's teams, the deal quieted down when Pontiac declined to foot the bill. Dodge has big money out with the three originals, Evernham, Petty and Bill Davis, plus add in the Ganassi team. Don't know how much more money Dodge has to pour into the pot, but if they pony up $20 mil for Penske to come over, I have a feeling the manufacturer may find a season of discontent among its existing teams.

The Winston Cup Scene article states that it will require a "blockbuster" offer to get Penske to change. As for DW, wasn't he also sure that both Mikey and Steve were absolutely positively gone from DEI about a month ago??

It could happen but the Ford boys seem pretty confident that it won't.

nascar has already put the screws to Dodge a few times. They ain't gonna put out 20 mill more when nascar is just going to figure out another way to keep them part of the pack.

Back
Top Bottom