Penske to Expand to 3rd Team in 2018

There goes a possible third ride for Carl Edwards...

What else was there?

Interesting that Menards who was only one of the few sponsors out there that really did a full season is only going to do 22 races on cup side. Sounds like Motorcraft might fill out the rest still

The Wood Bros 21 will be sponsored by Menards for 22 races. No sponsorship mentioned for the 12. But this...

“We have been working on making this a reality, and 2018 is the right opportunity to make this move and return our organization to a three-car team. Having a company like Menards, and a businessman like John Menard, be a part of this transition is also fantastic for our organization. The benefits of having three full-time teams under our roof, along with the continued technical partnership with the Wood Bothers, will help us remain competitive in the ever-changing NASCAR landscape.”

It sounds to me that Menard's money might be hauling part of the freight for Blaney's 12 car. Or maybe the 2 car, with Brad's upper midwest roots. I had predicted that a few months ago. Time will tell all, I guess.

"Tain't right to have the #21 in that gaudy yellow color all gussied up like a painted woman of the night.:)

Wood bros got Menard, short end of the stick IMHO. Win #100 is now a very l-o-n-g way off.

Blaney might win them a championship this year, let alone more races. :D

The Wood Bros 21 will be sponsored by Menards for 22 races. No sponsorship mentioned for the 12. But this...

“We have been working on making this a reality, and 2018 is the right opportunity to make this move and return our organization to a three-car team. Having a company like Menards, and a businessman like John Menard, be a part of this transition is also fantastic for our organization. The benefits of having three full-time teams under our roof, along with the continued technical partnership with the Wood Bothers, will help us remain competitive in the ever-changing NASCAR landscape.”

It sounds to me that Menard's money might be hauling part of the freight for Blaney's 12 car. I had predicted that a few months ago. Time will tell all, I guess.

That is interesting. I like Snap-On on the 12, but Menards sponsorship on the 12 and Wood Bros racing hanging onto their colors would work well.

The 21 has always been white and red, or red and white depending on your perspective. Yallo ain't in the cards. It's unnatural, like kissing your cousin and slipping her the tongue..jest sayin'

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Happy for blaney!!! what number will he have? Edit it seems like the 12...scheme?

Congrats to Penske and Blaney. That's a win/win. I like the car number too.

Wood Brothers could do worse than Menard.. but, dang the 21 had a nice paint scheme. Oh well, guess money is more important than beauty.

upload_2017-7-26_12-57-51.png

images

images

The 21 has always been white and red, or red and white depending on your perspective. Yallo ain't in the cards. It's unnatural, like kissing your cousin and slipping her the tongue..jest sayin'
It was kind of orangey when Michael Waltrip drove it, and they've run the blue Air Force scheme a lot too.

But yeah, that puke yellow ain't gonna look good on the 21.

Congrats to Blaney! He should flourish with Penske, he will be a great addition to the team.

Carl Edwards?
There was this ongoing speculation early in the year about all the reasons Carl left racing, notably "going to a third Penske car" , and "racing for Dodge returning to the cup series"....

Thought there was another but oh well. It was sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom