Personal Matter

I do wanna wait for more details before I give much of an opinion. Just because he was accused of this and arrested for it, doesn’t necessarily mean he did it. Folks have been known to lie to get others in trouble.

EXACTLY. Assuming this is some sort of domestic situation, I will reserve any comment or judgement until we know a lot more. Remember Kurt Busch.

I need to let this one play out before I express any opinions

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don’t necessarily think it really matters. I still think it’s best to way for everything to come out. To many people today want to choose sides so fast. Could he have done it? Sure, could he not have done it? Also sure. Being arrested doesn’t make one guilty.

This was not the personal matter I was expecting to read about.

Suspended indefinitely is NASCAR SOP pretty much for cases of this nature( IIRC), they suspend than wait the outcome.

Exactly, Kyle Larson was suspended indefinitely, it doesn't mean permanently.

I do wanna wait for more details before I give much of an opinion. Just because he was accused of this and arrested for it, doesn’t necessarily mean he did it. Folks have been known to lie to get others in trouble.
While this is true, didn't his brother get arrested and ultimately charged with something similar?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I didn’t know Cody Ware had Asperger’s.

That honestly changes my outlook on this conversation.

Especially since North Carolina is one of the states that outright criminalizes a proven effective treatment for it.

Any sports league (except the NFL) would indefinitely suspend Ware while an investigation was underway. Look at how MLB handled the Trevor Bauer situation.
They probably will: consider the Outlaw Kurt Busch versus Assassin Patricia Driscoll case. He was suspended and only reinstated after the case fell apart.

I don’t necessarily think it really matters. I still think it’s best to way for everything to come out. To many people today want to choose sides so fast. Could he have done it? Sure, could he not have done it? Also sure. Being arrested doesn’t make one guilty.
Watch Bill Burr's "never a reason to hit a woman". He definitely makes some good points.

Ware is charged with assault by strangulation - inflicting serious bodily injury. This is a more serious charge than initially reported.

It’s a Class F felony in NC with a maximum sentence of 41 months - if convicted of course.

It's really impossible to speculate without details of the incident.

The "serious bodily injury" component means that the DA at least believes that there is probable cause that the victim suffered "a bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death, or that cause serious permanent disfigurement, coma, a permanent or protracted condition that causes extreme pain, or permanent or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ, or that results in prolonged hospitalization." (Per the statute).

I suppose that in a strangulation situation, if there is evidence that the victim's breathing was significantly impacted for a period of time, that could potentially qualify as substantial risk of death. Is it based simply on the victim's perception at the time or is it based on something more - like a witness account? That's the kind of information that would be important to try to gauge how sticky the felony charge may be.

Back
Top Bottom