Petty Announces Natl Sprint Car Series

muggle not

Team Owner
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/oval/19744/
Petty Enterprises Announce National Sprint Car League
Written by: Tom Jensen
Dover, DE – 9/23/2005
The already divided world of American sprint-car racing became further splintered on Friday with the announcement of a new series,

The National SprintCar League, which was formed by the Richard Petty Driving Experience, and will feature at least a dozen top stars who are defecting from the World of Outlaws.

While there are literally dozens of regional winged sprint-car series nationwide, the WoO had been the nation’s premier touring series since the early 1980s. But many of its top stars, including 19-time series champ Steve Kinser, are jumping ship to the new NSL.

The NSL has signed the following 12 current WoO series drivers and teams to 3-year agreements beginning with the 2006 season: Kinser, Jason Meyers, Kraig Kinser, Danny Lasoski, Tim Shaffer, Paul McMahan, Joey Saldana, Jason Sides, Brian Paulus, Brandon Wimmer, Shane Stewart and Jason Solwold.

The new series has also received commitments from three-time WoO series champion Sammy Swindell, 16-time World of Outlaws championship car owner Karl Kinser and long time team owner Dennis Roth to run in 2006.

I think the Petty's will put it at a level of attention bigger than it ever was before. Nascar fans will go to see it. Anything that benefits racing sounds good to me!

I believe this will be a big moment for Sprint Racing and people like Tony Stewart are anxious to support the Petty's. We will probably see Sprint elevated to a level that will attract millions of fans. My prediction is that Sprint will become one of the major racing series in the U.S.

Dedends on the area. They tryed running spints weekly here in my area and it never took off. I think it will be great, but kind of sucks for the WoO.

So is Kinser still the King? he is in a new searis, and everything...(but sammy sindel is still an jerk...lol)

Back
Top Bottom