Petty Ride Across America Detail

P

pettyfan4life

#
Kyle Petty's ninth annual Charity Ride Across America
Date: June 22-28, 2003

# Petty 2003 Ride Details: Kyle Petty's ninth annual Charity Ride Across America is scheduled for Sunday morning, June 22, through Saturday afternoon, June 28. The motorcycle caravan will help raise money for the Victory Junction Gang Camp being built by the Petty family on 60 acres near Randleman, NC. The ride will leave from Palm Springs, Calif., and make six overnight stops: Sedona, Ariz.; Santa Fe, N.M.; Amarillo, Texas; Shreveport, La.; Biloxi, Miss.; and Tallahassee, Fla. It will end at the Dale Earnhardt Legacy concert at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. This year's ride is the first not to start from near a Winston Cup venue. The first two rides headed eastward after races at Sears Point Raceway at Sonoma, Calif. The third ride left from the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth and the next three from the California Speedway at Fontana. The 2001 and 2002 rides left from the Sonoma area.(Daily Press)(3-23-2003)

THE ROUTE: The next time Winston Cup star Kyle Petty visits Southern California, he will be preparing to lead more than 200 motorcycle enthusiasts cross-country to raise money for children's charities. The 2003 Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America, featuring NASCAR celebrities, sponsors and fans, will kickoff on June 22 in Palm Springs, Calif. This year's ride will take a southern route, making stops in:
Sedona, Ariz.;
Santa Fe, N.M.;
Childress, Tex.;
Shreveport, La.;
Biloxi, Miss.
and Tallahassee, Fla. The Charity Ride will conclude in Daytona Beach, Fla., where the group will participate in the Dale Earnhardt Tribute Concert on June 28 and visit the Boggy Creek Gang Camp on June 29.

"Each year the Charity Ride keeps getting bigger and better, and this year is certainly no exception," said Petty. "We're starting in Southern California, so we can have the opportunity to visit cities like Santa Fe, Shreveport and Daytona. We have some exciting things planned for the 2003 ride and we'll be making more announcements in the coming weeks."

This year's trek once again benefits the Victory Junction Gang Camp for kids. Kyle and Pattie Petty founded the camp in 2000 in memory of their son Adam, who was tragically killed in a racing accident. The camp will serve as a retreat for children with chronic or life-threatening illnesses at no charge to the campers or their families. Construction on the facility is underway, with eight buildings currently in the final framing stage. By early summer the remaining 28 buildings will be started, including the Kyle Petty Charity Ride Aquatic Center. To date the Victory Junction Gang Camp has raised $12.5 million of its $24 million goal.

"It's amazing how much the Charity Ride has grown in popularity over the past nine years," said Petty. "When we first started, there were just 20 or so riders. Now more than 200 riders join us each year, and we've raised a little over $3 million to help out various charities, including the Victory Junction Gang Camp."

For more information on the Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America and many other programs that it supports, contact Kyle Petty Charity Ride, Inc. at 125 Floyd Smith Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 704-714-4545.

HELMET CONTEST: Kyle Needs A Cool Helmet! You can design the winning helmet! By helping Kyle you will help raise money for a child less fortunate. The winning helmet will be auctioned during the 2003 Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America with the proceeds going to the Victory Junction Gang Camp. Who can participate? Children ages 6–12 years old only. When is the deadline? Monday, May 5, 2003 – Winner will be contacted Monday May 12th, 2003. How will the winner be chosen? A panel of Kyle Petty Charity Ride, Inc. judges will determine the winner.
Where do I send my entry? Include Name, Address & Phone Number to Kyle Petty Charity Ride, Inc. · 125 Floyd Smith Drive, Suite 45 · Charlotte, NC 28262
What are the prizes? (1) An official 2003 Kyle Petty Charity Ride duffel bag, cap and T-shirt (2) A Classic leather Victory jacket provided by Victory Motorcycles- The New American Motorcycle (3) A small scale replica hood autographed by the drivers of the Coca-Cola Racing Family and 5 cases of your favorite Coca-Colaâ product.

Who can I call? Call 1-888-45- PETTY or check this website for the latest info on the 2003 Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America!

Just got a letter in the mail today from the Victory Junction Org thanking me for my donation. Very worthy cause & the Pettys are the best people in NASCAR...hands down!

Originally posted by 17_Fan@May 2 2003, 09:25 PM
Just got a letter in the mail today from the Victory Junction Org thanking me for my donation. Very worthy cause & the Pettys are the best people in NASCAR...hands down!
thanks for the donation and you are right they are the best people in the world

Back
Top Bottom