Phoenix First time

Whiskyb

Team Owner
My wife and I are thinking of attending the March race in Phoenix. Never been to the racetrack let alone the state. Should be able to get at least a week of travel time. Will be flying in

Any tips on track or things to see and do

Thanks

Three and a half hours will have you at the Grand Canyon. There are several other national parks and monuments within a two hour drive.

Pricing motorhome rentals now, fly into Vegas and then travel to Phoenix.

If you are into Baseball it should be around the time that they have Spring Training going on in AZ. It is a dream week for me to go to Spring Training and the Cup race there. THey say the atmosphere in AZ during ST is great.

If you decide to drive from Vegas to Phoenix, then I would definitely shoot over to the Grand Canyon.

As for the rest of the time you are in Phoenix it really depends on what you like to do. The whole state has different things to offer so again, when traveling from Vegas to Phoenix there is a lot on the way i.e. Wineries, Sedona, Snow skiing (not sure if this will be an option in the March time frame, I'm not really a skiier so I don't know when they pack up shop for the summer in the mountains).
In the Phoenix area it is like most other major cities, all pro sports are available, and March is spring training baseball which is pretty big here. I highly recommend going to a game if you are in the area.
There is also plenty of golf, but that time of year will be stupid expensive.
You could do some hiking, i.e. Camelback Mountain or South Mountain, just bring plenty of water lots of people need to be rescued off the mountain that time of year because they underestimate the dry climate.
If you are looking for nightlife, there is Mill Avenue in Tempe which is more college aged oriented, or Scottsdale which is more "be seen/dress up/dance music" style nightlife. Westgate in Glendale can be fun if there is an event going on. This is where the Cardinals and Coyotes play.

Anyway, if you think of something a little more specific you want to do, let us know.

Great suggestions so far, I will pass these on to my wife who will google search and come up with a plan. Might be longer than a week if there is that much to do

What LouieLouie said. If you're coming from Vegas, definitely detour to the Big Ditch. If you like outdoor activities, bring up the Google map of AZ and check out all the national parks, monuments, forests, and other public lands.

I did the Grand Canyon and Sedona in a day. It was awesome. Wonderful drive. Incredible experience. Loved the desert.

I almost forgot Bearazona! lol. I have never been but apparently you drive through a forested area and the animals can walk right up to the car kind of like a safari but with bears. I have had friends go through and say it was a lot of fun so something to look at when researching.

I almost forgot Bearazona! lol. I have never been but apparently you drive through a forested area and the animals can walk right up to the car kind of like a safari but with bears. I have had friends go through and say it was a lot of fun so something to look at when researching.
Wonder if they would let a rented motor home go through

My wife and I are thinking of attending the March race in Phoenix. Never been to the racetrack let alone the state. Should be able to get at least a week of travel time. Will be flying in

Any tips on track or things to see and do

Thanks
Awesome place to see a race, even if you sit on the backstretch, just make sure you sit high enough. Not a heck of a lot to do around the track, but Phoenix isn't that far away. I think Phoenix is one of the best tracks on the schedule.

Back
Top Bottom