Photographer Burned In Spencer Crash

D

DEF3

Photographer Burned In Spencer Crash: Bob LeSieur, photographer for Speedway Scene, was burned on his arms and face when Jimmy Spencer crashed on lap 194 and backed into the first turn wall. The car burst into flames and LeSieur wasn't looking at the action because he was changing film in the camera. LeSieur was taken to the infield care center, treated and released. His eyebrows were singed and the burns weren't serious so he returned to shooting for the weekly racing newspaper.(Insider Racing News)(11-17-2002)

Was he the guy standing near the track along the walkway? I saw that dude when Spencer's car erupted into flames. I wondered if he got hurt....

Whew! When I read your thread, it worried me. One of NASCAR's official photographers is a friend and we wouldn't want anything to happen to her. I'll bet he was glad his film needed changing, but then again, had he been watching, he might not have been burned. I wonder why he isn't using a digital camera.

Thank GOD he's a winner, most people would have used that as an excuse to knock off the rest of the day:)

Originally posted by fergy1370
Was he the guy standing near the track along the walkway? I saw that dude when Spencer's car erupted into flames. I wondered if he got hurt....
That was the one

Back
Top Bottom