Playing Nascar over ps2 online, any tips?

N

nascarfan48

I just got ps2 online and its great just wondering if anyone had any tips on racing, I am not doing to well haha and was wondering if anyone here has any experiencing playing who could share wisdome!

Hey, nascarfan48, we have a Sim Racing forum just to deal exactly with this kind of question. There are several of the young men here that play the online racing stuff. If you'll hang tite, I'll move this on over there. Could someone get the door?

i love to join ya but i'm having connection issues, I think I have the wrong usb wire, sooner or later I'm gonna go get the usb wire from sony so I know I have the right thing.

A few tips.......
be sure to have your car set up off line before going online (your profile name offline needs to be the same as your online name)
about set ups: if you run with assists on and no tire wear try using lower tire pressure (16-20), if you don't use assists and have tire wear on (like me) you will want to keep the tires no lower than 23 unless you are on a short track, I tend to add .5 wedge on most setups, I don't like a loose car, If you like a tight car like I do knowing the breaking points is very important, the mistake most people make racing is going into corners too hard or out of control, If you like a looser setup you might want to add a little downforce to keep the car under control entering corners, this will hurt your top speed a little but will allow the car to turn easier, it's basically a trade off
most important thing about online setups are the gear ratios, you want to set the car so that you are red lining right before you break to go into the corner, if you go too hard you blow the motor but if that's the case you probably went into the corner too hot anyway
Here's an example of a good ratio for Atlanta (if I remeber right, it's pretty close) 1st-3.60, 2nd-2.10, 3rd-1.60, 4th-1.02, rear end 3.60, these same gears work pretty good at Texas and Charlotte also, you may need to tweak a little depending on your driving style and whether or not you are blowing motors, if you blow the motor frequently drop 4th gear to 1.00

hope this helps

Hawk

I just got online last night for the last time. There was not as many people online as I exspected, but it was late after all. It was funn and only won one game and lost 4. Blah :p

I aint online but I am struugling in my season, I have a rookie setup and assists on and I can't qualify worth a damn and when it comes time to race I struggle, I pass cars but i piss everybody off that I pass and after my first pitstop it's even worse, my best finish is daytona 16th and after that I'm struggling to stay in the top 30, for me it's a frustrating game :angry:

Steve,
when starting on a franchise it takes a while to get a good car under you, your tire wear is gonna stink anyway so try lowering the tire pressure to get a better handling car, this will also add acceleration
to keep from wrecking everyone and making enemies try to draft and slowly work your way up through the field, concentrate on trying to finish in the top 25 without making enemies and then gradually work your way up as you get a better car, be sure to use the 125's at Daytona as a good way to make allies, don't worry about winning just draft with several cars the whole time and hopefully you can keep these allies most of the season, I didn't win a non plate race until my 3rd or 4th season, tip: you can finish top 5 or maybe even win Daytona and Talledega with the default set up by just putting the tire pressure on 30

one last tip: you make more money by not taking the package sponsors, if you pick several different sponsors they will each pay out if you hit your separate goals, if you have the package and miss one of the goals you get nothing, I always missed because I wasn't qualifying well, I started getting mucho money once I stopped taking the package sponsors, didn't take long to build a decent car

Hope this helps

Hawk

Back
Top Bottom