Please Nascar , never consider racing in the rain

ted@economy

in the interest of equal time
Anybody else watching the stupidity of the Formula 1 wreck fest ?

Anybody else watching the stupidity of the Formula 1 wreck fest ?

It's comical till there's, oh...3 or 4 near-misses between stopped cars on the race track and cars running at full speed...then it's scary. Pathetic either way. Hoping the track dries out though.

Wet weather driving is great, its just when things happen like that, its quite scary especially with Kimi's crash with Verstappen and Wherlein being so close to him.

I still love it regardless, its just not something NASCAR would really do unless its on road courses with the available option.

Not me, how's it going? Demolition derby?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was. It was boring. Hamilton stretched out an 8 second lead in 10 minutes, and the only passing seemed to come from attacking corners and mistakes. It was prettt dull

I was. It was boring. Hamilton stretched out an 8 second lead in 10 minutes, and the only passing seemed to come from attacking corners and mistakes. It was prettt dull
Thats F1 in a nutshell

Yeah from what I've seen the few times I paid attention that happens without the rain as well, it's why I'm not really a fan of it. That and team orders.

I assume nobody stuck around to see Verstappen come from 13th to 3rd in the final 20 laps. There isn't an equivalent to that drive in NASCAR, so I won't try to compare. Or all of the other passing toward the end for positions down the grid.

NASCAR probably shouldn't ever race in the rain, even on road courses. But it is impressive to watch the greatest drivers in the world put to that test. I don't know how anyone who respects actual driving watches an in-car view of what they were dealing with and isn't impressed. I wish those who bother to comment on F1 would give it a chance. It's a different beast and there are big management problems as there are in NASCAR. However, at least their final race championship battle two weeks from now will be genuine sport and not contrived nonsense.

Say what you will about Max Verstappen

I would say that he's been wild and untamed this season, and the most exciting driver in the field. I'm glad he's there to shake things up a bit. Many are debating how many years it will take him to become World Drivers' Champion. Not if, when. He's that talented.

I assume nobody stuck around to see Verstappen come from 13th to 3rd in the final 20 laps. There isn't an equivalent to that drive in NASCAR, so I won't try to compare. Or all of the other passing toward the end for positions down the grid.

NASCAR probably shouldn't ever race in the rain, even on road courses. But it is impressive to watch the greatest drivers in the world put to that test. I don't know how anyone who respects actual driving watches an in-car view of what they were dealing with and isn't impressed. I wish those who bother to comment on F1 would give it a chance. It's a different beast and there are big management problems as there are in NASCAR. However, at least their final race championship battle two weeks from now will be genuine sport and not contrived nonsense.
I watched the race and Verstappen was most impressive. It was like old F1 racing. Yes, you cannot compare Nascar with F1 or Indy. As far as the big management problems go, they could be resolved if Ecclestone died in a freak yachting accident.

dey need to put sprinklers on all f1 tracks and nascar road courses.

Racing in the rain isn't very good. But every once in a long while someone puts on an outstanding run in the wet; Verstappen's run was the only thing worth watching in the F1 race.

He had a 24 second lead at one point...24...seconds...

There's no reason that NASCAR couldn't race in the rain on tracks that are like road courses (New Hampshire, Martinsville, maybe Pocono). I'm willing to admit (and this forum may be partially responsible) that racing on the high banked tracks in the rain wouldn't be much of a show.

I posted this in the Bazillion f-1 thread;

Oh my, he has a puncture! LMAO

then about the Hass driver

He seems vexed....

Another LMAO

Those F-1 commentators sure do talk funny!!!!!

I posted this in the Bazillion f-1 thread;

Oh my, he has a puncture! LMAO

then about the Hass driver

He seems vexed....

Another LMAO

Those F-1 commentators sure do talk funny!!!!!
For all their great accents and stuff , they are obviously commenting on a race they are watching on tv . They will see a driver walking back to the pits and start talking about what may have happened , then the replay shows what did happen , then they revise their story .

For all their great accents and stuff , they are obviously commenting on a race they are watching on tv . They will see a driver walking back to the pits and start talking about what may have happened , then the replay shows what did happen , then they revise their story .
Is that the way it's covered by all broadcast partners in all languages? Is there some English-speaking network or partner that uses commentators on site at the track? Carrying that audio might provide a better viewing experience.

I can understand using that approach for some of these lower-tier races in the boondocks. F1 is hyped by NBC as a world-class series; you'd think they'd provide world-class coverage. Heck, there are only 20 or so races; they should be able to field on-site broadcasters.

My problem with NASCAR is the track has to be bone dry. Which takes over an hour to accomplish after a light sprinkle. It would be nice if they could figure a way to run jet dryers around for one lap to get any puddles off the racing surface, put wet tires on the cars, and start racing 15 to 20 minutes after a shower.

No desire on my part whatsoever in watching an inferior product. It has zero effect on me to wait to see the race on a later, unscheduled day. When I attend races, I always take off extra days in case of weather. I can wait it out. If I'm at home, my DVR isn't going to miss the race so neither will I.

No desire on my part whatsoever in watching an inferior product. It has zero effect on me to wait to see the race on a later, unscheduled day. When I attend races, I always take off extra days in case of weather. I can wait it out. If I'm at home, my DVR isn't going to miss the race so neither will I.
The problem with DVRs and rain delays is that you may not get the entire race, assuming they don't switch networks. Then you get nothing. The only way I know to avoid that is to sit around waiting for the race to start or for the postponement announcement.

The problem with DVRs and rain delays is that you may not get the entire race, assuming they don't switch networks. Then you get nothing. The only way I know to avoid that is to sit around waiting for the race to start or for the postponement announcement.
I don't have that problem should changes occur. I can control my DVR from my cell phone.

My problem with NASCAR is the track has to be bone dry. Which takes over an hour to accomplish after a light sprinkle. It would be nice if they could figure a way to run jet dryers around for one lap to get any puddles off the racing surface, put wet tires on the cars, and start racing 15 to 20 minutes after a shower.

This is interesting (maybe not one lap, but a few jet dryer laps). But if rain tires aren't possible, would something like intermediates be possible?

Back
Top Bottom