Pocono Cup Double header Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
I guess there wasn't one Poker her nose fan in the house so I'll post it up

1624470482685.png

Thanks. I was getting ready to go to the NASCAR site to see what time it starts on Sunday. I had forgot that it was a DH. I will be at a big slot car race on Fri night and Sat... but now that I know it is a DH I will take my laptop to keep up on the race.

Was thinking of going Sunday but decided against it because I leave for Road America Tuesday and need to finish getting ready

thats allot of racing ,would be cool to camp there and see everything,i would have to take out a loan for all the tickets

Tim Richmond won the 1987 race. He would only win one more Winston Cup race and he was probably much weaker than normal at the time.
He was one the greatest talents ever, he could do anything in a car and we will never know just how far he could have went.

Our Eastern R-F corespondents are falling down on the job :cool:

Ehhh. In 2017 I paid $35 for tickets to the Monday-delayed Indycar Pocono 500. A spectacle of unneutered cars doing 230mph in a 500 mile endurance battle of man and machine. Heck there was even danger....not something that anyone wants to see come to fruition but it changes the atmosphere of the race and puts things in perspective. $80ish per day to see Cup cars slog it down the straights at 180mph for a race that's been shortened from its shorter distance into a quick sprint isn't appealing to me.

It's Pocono- endurance is/was most of the fun in it. That element is gone now. Yeah turn one is great the first few laps after a restart but other than that the racing is/was never the best....it was the "fight" and comers/goers of 500 miles that made it a good race.

1624547817146.png

Hendrick Motorsport’s set the Modern Era record for the most consecutive NASCAR Cup Series wins with six straight victories in 2007. Now, Hendrick Motorsports has the opportunity to not only tie but surpass their series record in this weekend’s doubleheader at Pocono.

DateTrackOrganizationRace Winners
Sunday, October 7, 2007TalladegaHendrick MotorsportsJeff Gordon
Saturday, October 13, 2007CharlotteHendrick MotorsportsJeff Gordon
Sunday, October 21, 2007MartinsvilleHendrick MotorsportsJimmie Johnson
Sunday, October 28, 2007AtlantaHendrick MotorsportsJimmie Johnson
Sunday, November 4, 2007TexasHendrick MotorsportsJimmie Johnson
Sunday, November 11, 2007PhoenixHendrick MotorsportsJimmie Johnson

Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at Pocono Raceway with 17 victories – Jeff Gordon (six), Tim Richmond (three), Jimmie Johnson (three), Dale Earnhardt Jr. (two), Kasey Kahne (one), Geoff Bodine (one) and Terry Labonte (one). Hendrick Motorsport’s most recent win at Pocono was in 2014 with NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Can't wait for this weekend. The double header is brilliant. I love that they get a chance to tune on them. This is a brilliant formula.

Anything less than a Chevy sweep will be a complete upset. Cornering flatters horsepower, and getting off of 3 is vital for straightaway speed down the main straight. Chevy has both cornering and horsepower. I love this track because it exposes performance....or lack thereof. Always hoping for a miracle though. If Chevy chokes it, I will be here to remind everybody. Go Toyota!

anyone know if they are shifting here or not? I know some teams used to.

Or Kyle Larson will win ‘em both.
Honestly with HMS’s extra horses and not needing to be trimmed out, they are gonna open a can of whoop ass on those long straights. The combined with Larson’s ability to dive into a turn, he’ll probably be the one to beat. Like always at Pocono, pit strategy will be the winner.

Hello everybody, long time since I posted. Hope you're all enjoying the season so far. I think it's been great.

Heading over to Pocono on Saturday with my son and eight friends for our annual trek/get-together (minus last year) and the weather looks good and we're all excited to get over there and smell the race fuel and rubber and watch the great spectacle. We have a rookie, first timer along and it is going to be a treat seeing if we make a convert out of him or not. Big car aficionado but never been to a race before. I'm pretty sure he'll dig.

Pocono can be a great stop on the calendar or a bit of a slog. Hoping for a great one both days. We're only going Saturday. Good luck to your teams and drivers and sip a cool one. I'll have one or two in the stands icy cold. Can't wait.

Will be interested to see if anybody has anything for the 5. I used to be a Labonte fan so I'm cool with it. Whatever happens, I know when they're haulin' mail and wadded up on that front stretch it'll be worth the wait.

ENJOY~!!!

Honestly with HMS’s extra horses and not needing to be trimmed out, they are gonna open a can of whoop ass on those long straights. The combined with Larson’s ability to dive into a turn, he’ll probably be the one to beat. Like always at Pocono, pit strategy will be the winner.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the Nashville domination, but Pocono has Larson written all over it imo.

That said, 4 straight cup wins? Hasn't been done since 07, then 98 before that. I guess we're overdue for an HMS driver to win 4 straight.

But I can't help but imagine something will knock Kyle out of a win this time. Not a bad finish though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's the draw. Beat the man to be the man.

Let's play that he has trouble or doesn't run in both races. Let's say a Kyle Busch or Hamlin or Kes takes both sides of the weekend. That would make it interesting. Logano maybe. Truex. MTJ does really well at Poco.

Let's play that he has trouble or doesn't run in both races. Let's say a Kyle Busch or Hamlin or Kes takes both sides of the weekend. That would make it interesting. Logano maybe. Truex. MTJ does really well at Poco.
Does he? Has he won there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom