Pocono INDYCAR 500

KevinWI

Oldest Operating Motor Speedway In The World
Great race poster/logo:

14559874924_41b8f74f31_o.jpg

NBCSN pre-race starts at 12pm EST
Green flag scheduled for 1:10pm EST

My man Graham Rahal to have a special paint scheme for Pocono/July 4 weekend.

BrfFrLdCcAAamh_.png

Somebody else who recently won at Pocono and also drives a National Guard car approves:
14559900254_d88c985255_o.jpg

My man Graham Rahal to have a special paint scheme for Pocono/July 4 weekend.

BrfFrLdCcAAamh_.png

Somebody else who recently won at Pocono and also drives a National Guard car approves:
14559900254_d88c985255_o.jpg

I wish Graham could catch a break. It seems like when everything looks good and he has a fast car, disaster strikes.

Double points up for grabs. Could be a great day or an awful day for the championship contenders.

Love the double points idea, brings out the sharks. I hope Montoya has his on button pushed, he seemed to come alive last week at Houston, might get a little rain too.

3 races in 57 days can't help.

As I recall, the IndyCar race at Pocono (the first Pocono 500) was turned into the second Cup race at Pocono and has kept its original weekend this whole time. No idea why they're still so close together 25 years later. And putting another major race in between them?

As I recall, the IndyCar race at Pocono (the first Pocono 500) was turned into the second Cup race at Pocono and has kept its original weekend this whole time. No idea why they're still so close together 25 years later. And putting another major race in between them?
I guess there's not much time to host so far up north. Add in the support races like ARCA and Truck and you have a pretty dense schedule. I don't doubt this race would be better off if one of the NASCAR dates was lost.

Guess who is on the pole at Pocono..delayed coverage starts at 6 pm central Sat. good watching while Daytona is rain delayed.

psycho Will Power in the middle of the front row, Sato right behind Montoya on the start might not be a good thing at all. I don't want to miss the start of this one.

I was surprised they qualified Pocano w/o lifting. I think the 3 wide starting grid should be something to see. With Montoya, Power, and Sato on the front row I wonder what kind of risks they might take.

I was surprised they qualified Pocano w/o lifting. I think the 3 wide starting grid should be something to see. With Montoya, Power, and Sato on the front row I wonder what kind of risks they might take.
Yeah, they have the cars about as loose as you can in an open-wheel car here. Hinchcliffe crashed on the first lap last year, he said they had an aggressive loose setup and the backend just snapped around in the first turn of lap 1.

Hey, NASCAR might hit 201 miles and get rained out before IndyCar starts. :D

I don't know who might win, but I can tell you who will wreck.......uhhhhh........Sato. :flushed:

As far as who will win, I think I will go with Scott Dixon. He is really REALLY due. :beerbang: So, who are you guys taking??

Yeah. That's a shame. I have really been rooting for him this year. I guess it is because of the Brian Herta/Wheldon relationship. Now Herta has a young driver to teach the ropes to. Good luck to them.

Hawksworth out with a myocardial contusion. Damn.

Such a shame, great young driver.

As far as who will win, I think I will go with Scott Dixon. He is really REALLY due. :beerbang: So, who are you guys taking??

The Dix did win here last year. I dunno. They said before the season during testing that the Hondas had 50 less horsepower than the Chevrolets on the ovals, but a Honda won at Indianapolis so who knows if that's true.

Stands don't look that empty. I expected nobody there with all the bitching by the track president about tix sales.

Damnit. If Graham didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all.

Back
Top Bottom