Polar Bear Plunge 1/1/18

Bobw

Team Owner
Idjits who will race across 100-150 feet of beach sand at noon after a overnight low of -1° to dive into the 52° ocean water.
I regret to say both my son and daughter have done this in years past although never when it was this cold. They did it to raise money for various charities.
I've pledged $25 for James, one of my son's friends. Idjit will freeze his cajoles off.

Idjits who will race across 100-150 feet of beach sand at noon after a overnight low of -1° to dive into the 52° ocean water.
I regret to say both my son and daughter have done this in years past although never when it was this cold. They did it to raise money for various charities.
I've pledged $25 for James, one of my son's friends. Idjit will freeze his cajoles off.
I did a "polar bear plunge" the year I was stationed at Thule Air Base. Yes, a polar bear plunge well above the Arctic Circle. I even have a certificate to prove it.

Gotta do a serious screw up to get stationed at Thule! What'ya do?

Several places have cancelled until the weather isn't as brutally cold citing how dangerous it is to ones health. From the news footage from past years it's readily apparent many of these people aren't in the best of shape and frankly I find it mazing more don't have a heart attack just from the shock.
As of last nights news it's still on at other beaches.

I got knocked off a sailboat New Years day years ago. That was my first and last Okie style I hope polar bear dip.

15589842_10207626806697285_648735286420755728_n.jpg

Forecast is for 0° tonight and the high of 15° tomorrow.
My son is going to put the generator in the bed of the truck and plug in a electric blanket for when James comes out of the water. Igjit. .

Forecast is for 0° tonight and the high of 15° tomorrow.
My son is going to put the generator in the bed of the truck and plug in a electric blanket for when James comes out of the water. Igjit. .
That may be a shocking experience.

Plunge James entered was held this past weekend, temps were mid 50 but windy and water temp was 38 degrees.
Anyone want to get in the pool for when James sees his wee-wee again?

Back
Top Bottom