Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader
Poll: With one race to go, who will be the 2011 Sprint Cup Champion

Driver/ points total/ points gap/ wins

-Carl Edwards/ 2359 points/ +3/ 1 win
-Tony Stewart/ 2356 points/ -3/ 4 wins

-In the event of a tie Tony Stewart has the tiebreaker

-All others have been mathematically eliminated

I'm going with Stewart but Carl is pretty damn good at Homestead.

I've voted with my heart in voting for Tony. He has an uphill battle but if there is anyone besides Jimmie-Chad who can overcome a deficit, I believe Tony is the one!

It gotta be Edwards, consistency is going to pay off.

I voted for Stewart, but it is a 50/50 thing imo.
It could come down to luck, being in the right place at the right time, or the wrong place. I really hope it doesn't work that way, and we get to see a classic.

In a perfect world I would love to see both running 1 and 2, strong and with good stuff at the finish, and the winner getting the title.
There isn't many moments when the stage is so well set, I hope it materializes and works out that way.

If they end up with the same number of points, SMOKE wins!

Basically, Tony has to finish 3 positions or more ahead of Carl.

Basically, it's going to be hendrick vs rousch. Who can have as many of their cars between them to hold one up and help the other. Just like Rousch with Almendinger today.

If Carl locks up the laps led counter and Tony leads a lap, Tony has to finish 4 positions ahead. Which would be Tony winning, 3 Hendrick brigade cars, and Carl in 5th.

If Carl wins, he has the cup outright.

If they're both at the head of the field and out of trouble like they were today, it could come down to slow team cars blocking. But hopefully it will be a honest race with the crew chiefs making the difference on pit road.

Basically, Tony has to finish 3 positions or more ahead of Carl.

Basically, it's going to be hendrick vs rousch. Who can have as many of their cars between them to hold one up and help the other. Just like Rousch with Almendinger today.

If Carl locks up the laps led counter and Tony leads a lap, Tony has to finish 4 positions ahead. Which would be Tony winning, 3 Hendrick brigade cars, and Carl in 5th.

If Carl wins, he has the cup outright.

If they're both at the head of the field and out of trouble like they were today, it could come down to slow team cars blocking. But hopefully it will be a honest race with the crew chiefs making the difference on pit road.

If Tony leads the most laps, and Carl doesn't lead any....I believe that would be your three point swing, regardless. But, math is my weak point

So if somebody like Kyle accidentally took Carl Edwards out, do you think there would be an investigation?

What if it was one of the field fillers who did it?

Or one of Tony's teammates or friends?

Do you think it's coincidence that ever since NASCAR put the 48 under the microscope Jimmie hasn't finished in the top 10?

I think it has more to do with the fact that Tony said that he was gonna make it HARD on Carl and Jimmie became envious... :p

Back
Top Bottom