Warming up with nitro dude:

1454607_10152342844214606_1126761120_n.jpg

1998_10152342849814606_2142394883_n.jpg

1467293_10152342852054606_1656707855_n.jpg

1379572_10152342856864606_2060476412_n.jpg

1005837_10152342881669606_167643420_n.jpg

1455968_10152342882759606_1134427447_n.jpg

1459317_10152342904679606_871185551_n.jpg

Jeez, what a trooper. You stood there for a long time. My group has to get a dose of nitro at every NHRA event we go to. I usually bail quick.
When you're around it all the time, you get used to it.

Trying to watch qual's on ESPN 2 right now but for some reason they are showing college football scoreboard instead. Even though the timeslot tells me otherwise.

Magnethead, it was nice meeting you and your family, and i hope you had a good time hanging out with us, and i hope you have a safe trip home. We have John Force in the first round tomorrow...i guess we will have to see if we can take out the world champ. We put a new engine in to go after him.:)

False alarm.. Just came on late. Good luck Nitrodude and the Bode crew tomorrow. I'll be pulling for the 16th qualifier in FC. Trying to get my Dad to cruise with me for eliminations.

Thank
False alarm.. Just came on late. Good luck Nitrodude and the Bode crew tomorrow. I'll be pulling for the 16th qualifier in FC. Trying to get my Dad to cruise with me for eliminations.
Thank's DUN24, we will give it our best shot. If you come out to the track your welcome to stop by and say hi.

Magnethead, it was nice meeting you and your family, and i hope you had a good time hanging out with us, and i hope you have a safe trip home. We have John Force in the first round tomorrow...i guess we will have to see if we can take out the world champ. We put a new engine in to go after him.:)
Thanks, ND. Maybe we'll see you out at motorplex again or something. Anytime you are in the vicinity of motorplex/DFW, let me know and we can always meet up. Dad and I enjoyed the hospitality. It was my uncle and grandpa's first time in 20 odd years and cousin's first time ever, they were a little overwhelmed and didn't want to get too close. They couldn't stand the nitro fumes at all during warmups.

Force'll spin the tires and you'll blow right by- hopefully without testing the blower restraints or burst panels.

Thank

Thank's DUN24, we will give it our best shot. If you come out to the track your welcome to stop by and say hi.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind! Should be arriving in the next hour.. Right in the nick of time.

Morgan Lucas is retiring from driving? News to me. I need to watch more drag racing other than when they're in Joliet.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

A couple stills from my iphone... Trying not to play spoiler or anything.

GREAT day at the races.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 299
Morgan Lucas is retiring from driving? News to me. I need to watch more drag racing other than when they're in Joliet.
That was announced a couple weeks ago.He wanted to spend more time learning the family business.

I'm just getting ready to go to the Lucas party at their trailer in a few minutes. The band is fired up and cranking out some good music, and i can smell the aroma from the In&Out burger trailer.:)

our division 4 guys (Alvie Merril and Jeff Hefler [one of our local boys we race with]) took 2 of the 4 Summit ET championships. Woohoo!

Sorry you couldn't fare better, ND.

Hefler is tough to beat.
doesn't matter which one of the 3 it is. Think they said this is the 9th year one of the 3 hefler's has been to Pomona for ET finals.

Jeff and Jeromy's father died last year, and Jeff won the regional finals with his dad's car. He shook the dust off his dad's old truck and trailer, put the car on it, and brought it to Pomona.

Frank Manzo won TAFC in apparently his last race. Stoked I got a photo of him on his last pro pass.

our division 4 guys (Alvie Merril and Jeff Hefler [one of our local boys we race with]) took 2 of the 4 Summit ET championships. Woohoo!

Sorry you couldn't fare better, ND.
Thank's Magnethead... Bob left on John with a .069 to Johns .090 light, but, there wasn't much we could have done with Johns 4.03 pass. We had pretty good early numbers but then the drive shaft speed went to the moon at half track. Over the winter we will put a larger fuel tank on the car so that we can run the 105 gpm fuel pump, because the 90 gallon just isn't enough fuel at sea level.

Jeez, what a trooper. You stood there for a long time. My group has to get a dose of nitro at every NHRA event we go to. I usually bail quick.
Magnethead did a pretty good job handling the nitro fumes. Even after 20 years around this stuff i still need a gas mask.:)

Back
Top Bottom