Poor Mark

I've never ssen a racer with as much bad luck as Mark. Absolutely unbelievable.

That's too bad. I like Mark. He just seems to attract bad luck. He was trying to sound positive in the interview, but you know he was torn up inside. As much as I want Jeff to win, I feel badly for Mark. I hope he bounces back and makes a hard run at this championship. The more in it till the end, the better.

IMO, Mark has a heart of gold, talent and the desire to win.
I have a great deal of respect for him and would actually like to see him win the championship this year.

Roush had a bad day with motors. What was that, 3 of the 4 Roush motors had problems by the end of the race? Ouch.

Yeah that is bad. Especially when one of them cost him the points lead. It's a shame to see Mark Martin fall. I guess that just happens some weeks. What can ya do, but come back next week and just do the same thing you've done all year and just race.

IMO..Roush is a suck up, and Mark is a whinner...

but i can't say anything because that would be bashing, but what some of you ppl dont see is the truth.

Roush motors where horrid today.. i wonder how many late naghts those engineers will have to pull to see what happened.. I feel a little bad for Mark but not that much.. mainly because now Jimmie is in 1st:D

Yeah Its too bad that Mark had that happen to him. But being 11 out of the lead isnt the end of the world. I just hope he doesnt end up like sterling...

i'm sure Mark can pull it out.. i mean jimmies a rookie.. has mark won any races this year??

Ok, I'm trying to figure out just who Jack Roush needs to suck up to here. If you are referring to anyone at NASCAR, try pointing that microscope of yours at yer hero Sniffles Childress. Talk about a whiner...

As to Mark Martin, he'll be back. All 5 of the points leaders are just waiting to see where the demolition derby next week leaves them. Then they can race.

hey but everthing ford or dodge makes a big deal about something NASCAR says ok

childers has olny said one thing i rember and NASCAR said no.

NASCAR wants ford/dodge to win.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever
hey but everthing ford or dodge makes a big deal about something NASCAR says ok  

childers has olny said one thing i rember and NASCAR said no.  

NASCAR wants ford/dodge to win.

I think all this stuff about NASCAR wanting any particular make or model or driver or team to win is nothing but a great big load of:bs:

Mark's engine quit........that's bad luck or poor engine building (though that seems a little out there from a Roush engine!:) ), NASCAR didn't slip something in at the pre race inspection to cause it. Mark losing the points lead.....NASCAR didn't cause that. Mark having never won a Championship wasn't caused by NASCAR. Why is NASCAR getting any blame at all in Mark's run for the Championship? On Mark's "deserving" to win......he deserves the win when he comes across the start/finish line first. Not because he "tries" so hard......this is a results oriented sport. You don't get points for trying the hardest. If Mark wins the Winston Cup this year, then (and only then) does he deserve it....as with any other driver.

Yeah I feel bad for Mark.......but I don't see any place to point any fingers at except maybe fate or the team. Something happened again.......but it wasn't NASCAR. And there is at least one other driver out there with WORSE luck than Mark.........his name is Ward Burton.

You have bad luck, you have good luck, it ends up about even in the long run.

DE, just when we start agreeing on stuff, I gotta disagree with one thing you said. "Mark having never won a championship wasn't caused by NASCAR."

1990....'nuff said.

As to certain makes/teams getting breaks from our illustrious sanctioning body, opinions vary. I do not think what happened to car number 6 today was caused by said sanctioning body. But I do happen to think that a certain loudmouthed obnoxious jerk of a so called driver (not naming names boogity boogity) and his ever present whining about not being able to keep up with "that red Thunderbird" was directly responsible for the single most influential rules change in the last 30 years, the beloved restrictor plate. I sure as hell didn't hear the Elliotts crying for any rules changes, anyway. If memory serves, Ford had been junk for years until Ernie Elliott changed all that. Suddenly, the rules change. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

I do not wish to start a huge argument with this. Feel free to present whatever you like, it certainly is out there. Likewise, I will refrain from getting into a pissing contest over it. But facts is facts; Mark got flat out raped in 1990. Doesn't mean anyone owes him a thing; this is stock car racing, not Nebraska/Florida State football.

I still hate a damn bowtie though. :D

I'm not sure how I feel with the restrictor plates and I wasn't around where Scooby Doo impression guy was racing for awhile, just the one or two end years...but one thing I like about the restrictor plates is my fav. track is the fastest now :)

Back
Top Bottom