Portfolio Investment

barelypure

Spectator
If you bought $1,000 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. And, if you bought $1,000 worth of WorldCom at $16 dollars a share 1 year ago, it would now be worth $5.63. Forget ENRON as it does not compute.

However, if you bought $1,000 worth of Budweiser or Miller Lite (the beer, not the stock) @ $11.99 per case one year ago (83.4 cases) and drank all the beer, and traded in the cans for the 5 cents per each aluminum can deposit, you would have $100.

Therefore, I suggest that it is financially prudent in these troubled
times to drink heavily and recycle.

(I had to decide between this forum and the Grin and Bear it Forum. With the money I have lost trust me, I'm not laughing.)

I'm not laughing at the money my hubby has lost --- his retirement is tied up in XEROX stock --- the company he worked for.

I invested money in the market but went a different route --- pharmacuticals and oil/refining companies.

If the market don't straighten out, I'm movin all mine to anti-depressents and ammunition...

Well......... about $13,000.00 so far in this slump. If there is no recovery you will probably read about me in the news. My wife will push me out of a high rise window to stop hearing my whining.

Dont worry all the Dow only went down $425 Today...not bad. lol Im so glad im not involved in any stocks.

Back
Top Bottom