Pre-race: Busch Lite Clash At The Coliseum

I heard on Sirius the other day (can't remember who) said that rumors are that around 60k tickets have been sold and of those tickets somewhere around 60% are first time race attending fans.

Man...I just think about a lot of Super Late Models I've seen at small 1/4th miles tracks...it's a decent show when the track is banked. With no banking...gonna be tough to put on a good show that's actual racing.

Reactions: Pat
They seem to have pretty good racing at Bowman Gray and it's flat. They draw a pretty good crowd

1643254544754.png

I like this Bowman Gray setup for the Cup Series because the drivers have talent. Cautions will fly & hopefully we see a few tempers flare.

Not sure about any other series working here.

Turned it into a mini festival.

No different from the Snake Pit during the Indy 500 and F1 at COTA also had musical performances going on during the race.
More seems like a festival that has a race as a side show. But the sanctioning body isn't trying to get people like the ones on here to show up to this thing, we're already fans.

A hired DJ? I must be missing something. They could find some racing-related singles and play those over the PA without having to hire someone.

'Dead Man's Curve', 'Little Deuce Coupe', 'Hot Rod Lincoln'; how am I doing so far?

A hired DJ? I must be missing something. They could find some racing-related singles and play those over the PA without having to hire someone.

'Dead Man's Curve', 'Little Deuce Coupe', 'Hot Rod Lincoln'; how am I doing so far?
Yeah those would be crowd pleasers alright. The Lawrence Welk singers would be great belting out those songs
L.A. is a meca for entertainment. To ignore that resource would be bad business

Yeah those would be crowd pleasers alright.
L.A. is a meca for entertainment. To ignore that resource would be bad business
I admitted I may be missing something. I guess I don't see the entertainment value of a DJ. Is this a bar mitzvah, a senior prom, a quinceanera?

Nobody under 70 years old knows those songs.

NASCAR needs to reel in a younger fanbase.

somewhere in the crowd I believe all of those and more. Pitbull knows
Pitbull and Ice Cube are live acts on a stage, I assume accompanied by a band and / or dancers. There's something to see.

Is there an entertainment component of a DJ beyond what tunes he selects?

I'm hurt you didn't include my song Stand On It. So no, I don't think your doing it so far

Pitbull and Ice Cube are live acts on a stage, I assume accompanied by a band and / or dancers. There's something to see.

Is there an entertainment component of a DJ beyond what tunes he selects?
I believe he is a popular DJ in the L.A. area. This might help ya. Remember Dick Clark? lol

Are these things going to be on TV? If no, I really could care less. I hope during the intermission or whenever this stuff goes on we get updates on developing stories after the heats/LCQ and commentary on the first half or whatever they do.

I really like the format from what I've read. Going to be interresting.

Are these things going to be on TV? If no, I really could care less. I hope during the intermission or whenever this stuff goes on we get updates on developing stories after the heats/LCQ and commentary on the first half or whatever they do.

I really like the format from what I've read. Going to be interresting.
good luck with that. They might cram all of that in thirty seconds. Most viewers if they aren't familiar with how they run dirt races will be having coronaries anyhow

IDK I was thinking about turning down the sound and listening to Charlie's DJ picks myself. I might stand up and sing Frankie's Stranger in the night
Well, maybe we can add a new feature to race chat where you can go live and entertain us old folk.

They used to play Little Deuce Coupe and Hot Rod Lincoln blaring over crappy loudspeakers at all of the NHRA national events numerous times a day. After listening to those two songs while doing cylinder heads all day for 3 days each race for 23 races a year...I don't care if I ever hear those 2 songs again for the rest of my life. At the Houston race one year the pole the speaker was mounted on was right in front of my cylinder head table. I got a ladder and went up that pole and cut the wires to that speaker the first day. :)

Last edited:
They used to play Little Deuce Coupe and Hot Rod Lincoln blaring over crappy loudspeakers at all of the NHRA national events numerous times a day. After listening to those two songs while doing cylinder heads all day for 3 days each race for 23 races a year...I don't care if I ever hear those 2 songs again for the rest of my life. :)
"All Revved Up and No Place To Go" does seem better suited to drag racing.

Nobody under 70 years old knows those songs.

NASCAR needs to reel in a younger fanbase.
Maybe it's time to introduce them.

Regardless of the selections, I'm still not seeing the value of a DJ. They could save the money AND get attendee engagement by having musical suggestions for the breaks texted to the facilities' TwitFace page, or responding to a survey. Those would yield addresses for future marketing efforts too.

Regardless of the selections, I'm still not seeing the value of a DJ. They could save the money AND get attendee engagement by having musical suggestions for the breaks texted to the facilities' TwitFace page, or responding to a survey. Those would yield addresses for future marketing efforts too.
Heck yeah, that sounds like right proper cluster puck to me

I admitted I may be missing something. I guess I don't see the entertainment value of a DJ. Is this a bar mitzvah, a senior prom, a quinceanera?
You have to realize this is LA. The birthplace for pink, orange, and purple hair. :)

Last edited:

They just spent over a million dollars hauling in a zillion loads of dirt and covering it with asphalt that they will be tearing up and hauling back out after the race. I think the saving money ship has sailed. :D

Then you would have people trolling and sending in stupid songs on purpose.

If they are broadcast on TV, I will end up recording the race. I have no interest in Pitbul, Ice Cube or DJ.
Now who the Hell is DJ? Geesh.

I’ll probably record anyway and watch in the eve so FF is always an option.

Back
Top Bottom