Pre-race thread --- FirstData 500, Martinsville

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
WEEKEND SCHEDULE

On track schedule

Practices:
Saturday, October 26, 9:05-9:55am/et, TV-TBA;
Saturday, October 26,, 12:030-12:50pm/et, TV-TBA.

Qualifying:
Saturday, October 26, at 4:35pm/et, TV-TBA.

Complete Event Schedule (times local to the track)

Friday, October 25
8:00 PM 10:00 PM MENCS HAULERS ENTER (EQUIPMENT UNLOAD)

Saturday, October 26
6:00 AM-6:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
8:30 AM MENCS ROOKIE MEETING & RANDOM DRAWING
9:05 AM-9:55 AM MENCS 1ST PRACTICE
12:00 PM-12:50 PM MENCS FINAL PRACTICE
4:35 PM MENCS QUALIFYING IMPOUND (SINGLE VEHICLE / TWO LAPS ALL POSITIONS)

Sunday, October 27
9:00 AM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
1:00 PM MENCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING
2:20 PM MENCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
3:00 PM MENCS RACE (STAGES 130/260/500 LAPS = 263 MILES )

Detailed schedule:
https://www.jayski.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2019/10/Martinsville2.pdf

I'd really like to go to this next year if the rumors of Dale Jr running it for X are true.

I'd hate to be leading at Martinsville in the closing laps and have Logano, or a couple other's that come to mind behind me at this point in the season. Right Truex?

I'd hate to be leading at Martinsville in the closing laps and have Logano, or a couple other's that come to mind behind me at this point in the season. Right Truex?
Screenshot_20191021-155824_Chrome.jpg

Trucks this weekend as well, its going to be a great weekend of racing.

M'ville is on my bucket list. Maybe I'll try to attend the annual night race next year?:D

Pretty sure if I had to pick one race to attend itd be a toss up between this one and the Bristol night race

Bristol night race is awesome. I really enjoyed Talladega for the first time a few weeks ago even tho it rained out and we couldn't stay for Monday. The way I see we will not be missing a Bristol night race for many, many years that will be a must go to event. And Talladega is even better only a 3 hour drive I believe we are going to attend every spring and fall race there too.

Martinsville is definitely on the bucket list but it's a 7+ hour drive for us which sucks. The ISC weather policy for Talladega (actually all ISC tracks) is nice I'm not complaining at all about weather ruining our weekend there because we have our pick of tickets to any ISC event and Martinsville is very high on the list. Haven't decided yet but we still have a few weeks before that offer expires.

I dunno what it is every time I go to a track, especially one I have never been to, I feel like a kid in a candy store. I wish they would race 52 weeks a year lol.

Pretty sure if I had to pick one race to attend itd be a toss up between this one and the Bristol night race
I've long said that Bristol is like seeing your favorite band play a stadium with lasers and pyro and levitating stages and amps to 11. Martinsville is like that band showing up unannounced at the road house where they got started, taking their old instruments down off the wall, and rocking a double set, acoustic and unplugged. (But with really bad hot dogs :p.)

Went to Bristol Night race the first time this year. If it works out I will go to the Martinsville Night race next year! Glad to see others see the "hype" of the event as well!

It is a shame both of these races aren't in the summer. IMO, Martinsville night race should be late June (summer kickoff) and Bristol should've stayed in August.

Went to Bristol Night race the first time this year. If it works out I will go to the Martinsville Night race next year! Glad to see others see the "hype" of the event as well!

It is a shame both of these races aren't in the summer. IMO, Martinsville night race should be late June (summer kickoff) and Bristol should've stayed in August.
I went to my first Bristol night race too this year, amazing wasn’t it??

This is one of my favorite races of the year(And I surely can't wait til next year with the night race) so I'm ready for this weekend already.

Yeah, swap Sonoma (green grass in early May I'm pretty sure) and Martinsville around.

Denny may win it again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Second favorite track on the circuit this week, I love Martinsville. I’m considering going to the Night race next year in May. I have to decide between Martinsville or going back to the Bristol night race....hard decision this place is on my racing bucket list..such a cool place. If we go to Martinsville, I’ve already picked out staying in Greensboro NC it’s about an hour away from the track

If we go to Martinsville, I’ve already picked out staying in Greensboro NC it’s about an hour away from the track
Greensboro is a great place to stay for M'ville. Double-lane all the way. Far enough and large enough that the hotel rates aren't affected too much. Plenty for the rest of the family to do, or if there's a rain delay.

Anyone ever camp at Martinville? There's very little info on the track website. I just wanna know if there's potable water available from a spicket and if there's showers and crappers with running water lol.

Greensboro is a great place to stay for M'ville. Double-lane all the way. Far enough and large enough that the hotel rates aren't affected too much. Plenty for the rest of the family to do, or if there's a rain delay.
A sister in law and her family lives in the Boro. Its on the bucket list.

Good weekend to even up on any past unresolved skirmishes. Dented fenders the norm at this track.

Anyone ever camp at Martinville? There's very little info on the track website. I just wanna know if there's potable water available from a spicket and if there's showers and crappers with running water lol.
Campground Rules and Regulation
First Data 500 Weekend: October 25 - October 27, 2019

The majority of the campsites at Martinsville Speedway are general admission and those sites may be purchased in advance or at the Campground Entrance once you arrive at the track. General Admission fee is $125 (for your entire stay) for the NASCAR Cup races. To hold your spot you must place a RV on site at the time of your arrival. There is no infield parking.

There are some reserved campsites. Please contact our ticket office at 877-RACE-TIX (877-722-3849) to see if any reserved sites are still available.

Campground Rules

• Campground opens Saturday, October 19, 2019
  • Tents in designated areas only
  • Individuals may rent private toilets for personal use in select areas: (Not allowed in Champions Overlook)
  • Campers may reserve additional spots
  • Only one vehicle pass per RV. All other vehicles must park in overflow area
  • Only self-contained specialty vehicles allowed in reserved areas. NO TENTS in reserved areas. Reserved areas: Champions Overlook, Backstretch, 3rd Turn, Hillside, Crossing Corner, Campground Entrance, North Lot , and South Lot RV
  • No ATVs, dirt bikes or golf carts
  • No car haulers or trailers
  • Pets must be on a leash at all times
  • No Fireworks
  • Unauthorized sales, marketing, or corporate hospitality is not permitted on Martinsville Speedway Property
  • Please be aware that in the event of severe weather, the campground may not provide adequate protections. Remember safety is your personal responsibility. Please have a plan
Please bag your trash and put it in the large trash container (above dump station), or place it at the end of the driveway and we will pick it up daily.

Note: Due to heavy traffic and congestion around the speedway following the race, vehicles in the campground area will be held approximately 2 hours for safety consideration in the crossing railroad.

UNITED SITE SERVICES

Private Portable Toilets

To Pre-Order your private Toilet call United Sites Services at 1-800-864-5387

Private portable toilets - $90.00 for the week

(Not available in Champions Overlook)

$25 if private toilet needs to be serviced

To Order at track beginning Wed., October 23, 2019 of RACEWEEK

Please contact USS Orderline at 786-229-1902

RV Pumping $50.00

Dates of Service - Saturday, October 19 - Sunday, October 27 - 8am-6:30pm

Non Potable Water up to 50 gallons $50.00

Dates of Service- Thursday, October 24 - Sunday, October 27- 8am-6:30pm