Predictions For Watkins Glen

A

Awesome_Bill

For one I see a change at the top of the points for sure. Sterling not only doesnt fair well at Road Courses, but he will go to dead last because of an Engine change. And...The same goes for 2nd place man Jimmie Johnson. I see Marlin losing to points lead on Sunday, and the points race to get even tighter.

Winner- Tony Stewart
2nd-Ricky Rudd
3rd-Bill Elliott
4th-Mark Martin
5th-Jeff Gordon

Marlin-24th
Johnson-20th

Could be a big change on Sunday...

1. Ricky Rudd
2. Matt Kenseth
3. Dale Jr. (very, very, very wishful thinking)
4. Robby Gordon
5. Jeff Gordon

1. Robby Gordon
2. Tony Stewart
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Kevin Harvick
5. Ryan Newman

1. Tony Stewert
2. Robby Gordon
3. Ricky Rudd
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Rusty Wallace
6. Bill Elliot
7. Ryan Newman
8. Kurt Busch
9. Kevin Harvick
10. Mark Martin

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Robby Gordon
3. Tony Stewart
4. Rusty Wallace
5. Boris Said

43. Sterling Marlin

Well I'm still sticking with my man Jeff to pull it off! I think the points lead will be VERY tight (like under 50 or so) but Marlin has to finish at least 37 or worse to loose the points lead. I think Jeff, Mark and Jimmie will be very close after the race but not on top.

I expect marlin to be safe cause he knows hes not is good at road courses as these other drivers hell finish around 30th jeff jj mark tony and ricky will push it theyll finish in the top 10 or close to it unless theres problems with the car or a wreck also depends alot of pit speeds :/

All I got to say is watch out for the guns. Pruett, Jones, and Said are all solidly in the field. Surprised that Hubert had to take a prov but like Jones and Bell, hasn't got a lot of experience in the monster cars. Varde has won at Watkin's Glen so it's not like he doesn't know his way around the track tho I wouldn't pick him or Jones to find the checkers.

I would however give both Pruett and Said a real good look. Pruett practiced faster than DJ's qualifying record while Jones practiced just .7 secs off. And Boris????

Boris is a wild man. Has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Jones is running to gain points for AJ. Pruett/Ganassi want points but Chip ain't gonna reel Scott in.

I'm not one to pick the winner. Been following this stuff way too long and been burned by "racin deals" more times than I count, but all things being equal, if Boris can keep the car together (which I doubt but I do LOVE the way he drives) yer gonna see Scott and Boris work their way thru the field to challenge for the win. Hubert (if the car runs at all) will also find his way to the front. He is a master RC'er.

Ringer of the week is Dave Blaney. Boris has taught him well.

Give me Michael Waltrip for the win.

Then it will be funny listen to people b*tch and moan that, "Ooh, I'm sick of him. Michael's not a real racer, all he can do do is win superspeedway and road course races." Hehe.

Back
Top Bottom