Predictions - Indy

48rookies12

Here are my predictions for Indy!
1. Ryan Newman - Hometown boy, has been running very well the few weeks. Time for a win!
2. Matt Kenseth - First in Brickyard Practice, 8th place this past week. Maybe he is getting back on track.
3. Jimmie Johnson - Back to Back 15th place, needs to get back up into the top five.
4. Junior - Desperately needs a top five.
5. Kurt Busch - He is hot right now.

Sleeper - Johnny Benson

1--jeff
2--marlin
3--johnson
4--tony stewart
5-rudd

newman mite blow an engine
dark horse--elliot sadler

Dale Jarret-Rufuse to drive that truck,shows what he can do with car.
Dale Jr.-Needs new sheet metal money.
Mark Martin -Finally buys a diehard battery
Kurt Busch -Doesn't mess his diaper,stays clean.
Ward Burton -Has a weally good wacecar.
Sterling Marlin- Still smells the big bone
Kyle Petty- If Bill can do it in a Dodge,So can we.
Mat Kenseth-Like a Dewalt drill,can't stop him from running in circles good.
MIckey Waltrip stays out of trouble
Steve Park put the shine back on the apple.
[Oh and for Jeff Gordon,he couldn't fine a checkered flag right now,If someone painted it on his car.He will finish 15th or worse.Engine troubles.:)

Hey, pb, your's is the most entertaining of crystal balls. Inaccurate but entertaining.:)

I had to go to a new approch,My other,what I thought educated guess wasn't going anywhere.:p

pbunch, I'm gonna get in trouble for laughing on the job!

Not too good with predictions, but I think Tony Stewart is going to do really well, and I think Gordon and Marlin will have some problems.

I think Bill will repeat. If not Tony will be real tough.

Top 10 at Indy

1.Ryan Newman
2.Tony Stewart
3.Sterling Marlin
4.Rusty Wallace
5.Kyle Petty
6.Kevin Harvick
7.Steve Park
8.Dale Earnhardt Jr
9.Bill Elliott
10.Kurt Busch

Dang Happyhour, Who do you work for?Boss Hog from Dukes of Hazzard.:p

Originally posted by pbunch
Dang Happyhour, Who do you work for?Boss Hog from Dukes of Hazzard.:p

A dang Brit who does the worst redneck accent I have ever heard! He's cool though (I catch him on espn.com and his fantasy football sites all the time!)

yeah johnny could be a dark horse he is always good at indy I hope he is again i think he finished 3rd there last year but this year has been a tought year i would look for him to finish in the top 15 and Kyle top 20. With either Sterwat or marlin winning the race.

Top 10 at Indy!!

1. Ryan Newman -- finally, a win at home track!!
2. Tony Stewart -- races Newman hard, comes up a few inches short!
3. Dale Jr -- Good Pit strategy! Boost confidence level!
4. Kurt Busch -- makes it another top 10, climbs to 3rd in points.
5. Dave Blaney -- finally shows em all some real hard racing.
6. Steve Park -- after the crash, it knocked some sense into him and will rack up top 10s the rest of the year.
7. Bill Elliott -- another strong run!
8. Jimmie Johnson -- accidentally hits Gordon, cuts his tire down.
9. Elliott Sadler -- shows some skill at the flat track.
10. Johnny Benson -- just does good.

Out of top 10:
Sterling Marlin, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Ward Burton, Michael Waltrip

Out of top 20:
Rusty Wallace, Jeff Gordon

Jeff Gordon will break out of his winless streak with yet another win at Indy!

I think Kyle will do good here because I think it was 97-98 he was leading and had somethin go wrong and hit the wall and bounced into the 4 I beleive then back in to the wall and accross the track in to the inside wall. and broke 3 or 4 ribs. I hope he can pull a desent finish for me

I am not just going with my boy.......but:

1.Kurt Busch-great on this type of track,ran good here last year and on a streak.

2.Ryan Newman-another hotshot on a streak,home track and overdue.

3.Rusty Wallace-check the stats.Ol Rusty runs as good here as anybody.

4.Jeff Gordon-time for a good finish.

5.Matt Kenseth-really has missed a couple of sure wins this year,could have had 5-6 wins already.Should do well here.

Also look for Tony Stewart to be strong....just unlucky.

Originally posted by racerx11
I think Bill will repeat. If not Tony will be real tough.

I'll Drink to that Racerx11. Actually I wouldnt be surprised at all if he does. The competition will be tough though, and as at Pocono track postion will be important.:beerchug:

Well here goes my picks
1. Matt Kenseth (over due and with the exception of W Glen may rattle of a few in a row)
2. Jeff Gordon ( well I think we all agree---WAY OVERDUE)
3. Kevin Harvick ( as bad as I hate to say it but watch him in the next few weeks)
4. Dale Jarrett (i remember a few years ago when he made up 4 laps to finish in the top 15)
5. Bobby Labonte (needs something to smile about)

Id put B. Lab. in first. He is WAY more overdue than Matt, who already has 3 wins this year. Im still going with That big red 9 to win though.

:D :D My top 5 HOPES

Jeff Gordon

Ryan Newman

Matt Kenseth

Jimmie Johnson

Kevin Harvick

in no particular order except for the 24 in the #1 spot.

I think they will be telling Jeff Gordon HAPPY BIRTHDAY in victory lane at the Brickyard.........

Pbunch I like how you think picking my man as #1

My top five would be

1. Steve Park (I would jump up and down for that!)
2. Dale Jr. (keeping the rest away!)
3. Dale Jarrett (have to put my man up there)
4. Jeremy Mayfield (He needs a top 5)
5. Bobby Labonte (He really needs a top 5)

I would love to see this, although it might not happen, it would make my day! :D

As I celebrate my one race streak of picking the winner correctly...

1. Jeff Gordon. As much as it pains me, with all the stats stacked against it, he HAS to win someday (doesn't he?).

2. Kurt Busch. He continues to impress me with his overall skill, talent, and good luck.

3. Jimmy Spencer. Laugh all you want. Watch him. He'll be good this week. Especially if it is kinda cool/overcast. I think he overheats in summer races. :D

4. Tony Stewart. In an on-again-off-again season, he's due to be on again.

5. Robby Gordon. Had himself a little 200 lap practice session in May. If he can miss the pit wall, he'll be tough.

6. Ricky Rudd. Just to piss Yates off. He'll lead the most laps too.

7. Ryan Newman. After starting in the top 4, he runs good all day, but get snookered by the vets (again).

8. John Andretti. Just because his last name is Andretti.

9. Sterling Marlin. Just because his first name is Sterling.

10. Jeff Burton. After starting in the last 4, he runs strong all day and would have won it if this were the Brickyard 2500.

43. Mike Wallace. A.J. fires him on the pace lap, and is overheard saying, "$%%@^, boys, this is Indy. Lemme drive this &^#%@% car. %^#@#$@ it, rip these %^#%^$@%^$ fenders off!" NASCAR fines him for cursing on his radio, and later Foyt is quoted as saying, "%^$@#%@ NASCAR."

Others to watch: Ward Burton (could run really well, but we ARE talking about Ward after all), Joe Nemechek, Bill Elliott and Dale Jarrett.

Non-factors: Junior, Park, Waltrip, Martin, Kenseth.

1. Ryan Newman
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Dale Jarrett
4. Jeff Gordon
5. Johnny Benson
6. Kurt Busch
7. Robby Gordon
8. Tony Stewart
9. Bobby Labonte
10. Ricky Craven

Pole - Ryan Newman

Back