predictions

S

smack500

I figured malrin would do good here but next week most of the top 5 will catch a little on him, but probally wont be much of a change in the standings. Then when they race at watkins glen marlin will finish 30th or worse and either the points spreed will be cut down to barely nothing or well have a new points leader.

My second half predictions:

1. Drivers that will win two or more races - Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin.
2. Drivers who will win one more race this year - Ward Burton, Bill Elliott, Ricky Rudd, Kurt Busch, Dale Jarrett, Ricky Craven, Tony Stewart, Rusty Wallace.
3. Drivers who will not win again or at all this season - Sterling Marlin, Jeff Burton, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Junior, Bobby Labonte, Michael Waltrip.
4. Someone will get thier first cup win. I'm leaning toward Jeff Green at a track less than 1.5 miles.
5. Mark Martin will win the cup.
6. The battle for the cup will not be determined until the last race.

Just my opinion, mind you.

Sterling does good at Indy so i will look for him to be a front runner and possibly gain more on the guys behind him. I think that Sterling will hold off very one and win the championship with Mark a very close second then jeff gordon, Bill Elliot , and Jimmie Johnson 5th

I have seen alot of people underestimate JJ all year long, I wouldnt be surprised if he wins the cup this year.

Its a good thing there isnt more road courses for you sterling marlin fans...

Whoever wins at Indy is going to win the championship. It has been that way since 1998 when Gordon one both Indy and the championship.

some one thats not even a contender for the championship may win next week and make us stay all in suspense for the season

Kurt Busch is knocking on there back door,He may surprise a few before it's all said,and done.That guys got knads of steel,and won't take any prisoners.If he stays out of the dog house,Look out for that Rubberhead,Rubbermaid car. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pbunch
Kurt Busch is knocking on there back door,He may surprise a few before it's all said,and done.That guys got knads of steel,and won't take any prisoners.If he stays out of the dog house,Look out for that Rubberhead,Rubbermaid car. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, knocking at the back door with knads of steel. And no one came back with a Jeffie joke. People you are slipping. Slipping. Slipping.

Jeff fans are like a an old Bluetick Hound,They ain't got nothing to get off the porch for.When in fact Jeff is having a good season,just not steller like the past.:):awing:

Jeff, like every young gun that has come along in years has had his day in the sun. I'm certain he has wins left in him, maybe even another championship, but the days of everybody else picking up the tablescraps are imo over. As I've heard say many times.....getting to the top is easy, staying there is whole nuther matter.

As drivers age their reaction times begin to slow. They become more and more tentative. They begin to back out of the throttle half a tic sooner. They remember in the deep recesses of their minds just how hard the wall in that particular turn is.

Think back to all the young phenoms you've ever seen race. Has it not happened to all of them?

The truly great drivers live through this period using their vast experience to compensate. This is the criteria I use when I speak of the greats of this sport. Untill a driver....no matter how phenominal he may be....lives through this period of their racing career, their greatness can only be guessed about.

As for the kid with the funny ears? Well, the longer he (like the other young guns) stays out of the wall (and keeps his ears pinned back) the harder those knads of steel are going to become.:D

The ears are very aerodynamic and do not be surprised if Nascar penalizes Roush,Martin and Greg Biffle because of it.A removal of points most likely.Look for Jack to appeal,but Nascar will insist Kurt's ears give the organization an 'unfair areo advantage'.Of course RCR agrees wholeheartedly with Nascar and the decsion will most likely stand.

Back
Top Bottom