Press Conference Canceled

H

HardScrabble

Imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the following notice;

Havoline Announcement Canceled
The ChevronTexaco/Havoline Racing press conference scheduled for noon Tuesday, August 13, 2002, at the Speedway Club at Lowe's Motor Speedway has been canceled.

Seems this saga will never find an ending.

OMG:confused: :eek: :waa: :snore: :bored:
I think all those exsplain how i feel about that

Why do they continue to cancel these conferences...What is their reason??

yeh, I can imagine your surprise, me too.

COME ON all y'all, poop or get off the pot, damnit.

I'm not even a Rudd fan and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it! Enough already, gezz!!:rolleyes:

I guess Rudd can't stand all of the attention going to the young guns and he wants some air time.

So how is your weather today?The family doing ok?Maybe they are still waiting on Rudd to say Havoline in that commercial.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
And people say it takes Ward forever to say something...
Thats Right,:p Maybe we should call Ricky,Elmer Rudd.:p How you this Tuesday morning TnWard?Hot here in s.w.ohio today.

Hotter'n I'd like here pb. Ain't gonna be around much today. I actually have to work while I'm at work today. One of my convicted thieves has been a bad boy again, and I gotta get his reservation ready at the Iron Bar Hotel.

<sings> Bad boy, bad boy, what ya gonna dooooooo..."

Wow I was setting here and my screen started shrinking,I had to make a pit stop,Looks like I might be buying a monitor soon.Be carefull around them outlaws TnWard.:)

good morning all. if they were trying to build a suspensful announcement, i think they just lost it:(

I don't understand why these delays are blamed only on Ricky Rudd. Do people honestly think he's trying to milk it for media exposure? I don't think he is, but I wouldn't blame him if he was doing that. He deserves everything he can get out of a new potential deal. He's a great driver at the twilight of his career, going from a high-profile ride to who-knows-what? He should do whatever it takes to secure his future. IMHO.

I am telling you Abooja,All he has to do is say Halvoline in the winners circle,Come on Ricky saaaaaaaaaaaaaay it!Could be worse they could be telling him to drive that truck Ricky.:p

According to an article over at NOL, the holdup is Rudd. The deal between Havoline and Ganassi has reportedly been signed off on for two weeks already and is a three year deal. It also reports that Yates has signed off on letting Ganassi have the number 28 as well.

This same article says Rudd wants more money than he makes now, which has long been rumored, but that if Chip ponies up a raise for Rudd he'll have to kick more bucks into Sterlings deal next year as well.

A different article at NOL indicates that Jones Petree is still in the chase for Ricky, in this article Ricky says it ain't about the money. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder.

If anyone is interested and can't find the stories, let me know and I'll post the links.

I am soooooo sick:bleh: of this back and forth stuff at this point, I don't care anymore:snore::bored:

Originally posted by kat2220
I am soooooo sick:bleh: of this back and forth stuff at this point, I don't care anymore:snore::bored:

I can't say I ever really cared.......but I do hope the best for Ricky. It's hype and all about money.......Ricky's money, Texaco's money, RYR's money, Chip's money........etc. etc.:)

Back
Top Bottom