Pretty impressed with 'Booty' Barker.

97forever

Team Owner
Was great to see him on trackside the other night.A real together guy with a winning attitude,he seemed very knowlegeable and confident.He may be just what the 77 was needing!

Thumbs up 'Booty'! :cheers:

Booty was the crew chief of Scott Wimmer's Busch team last year...hated to see him leave, but when you get the call to go to the big show, it's hard to turn it down.

Hopefully, the #23 team won't miss a beat this season.

I like Wimmer as well....another Wisconsin native,right?

Given the right opportunities he will go far,no doubt.

Mr. Barker always impresses.

And from his comments on "Trackside" I gather this was not the first opportunity he had to move up to WC, but the one which offered him the situtation he desired.

Mostly he is a competitor, and to him that is all he wishes to be. He will not discuss the "overcoming adversity" role, he seems to consider it totally irrelevent to the job he does. I try to take him that way.

You could tell from his demeanor that he was very unhappy with the qualifying run the Jasper team had Friday and admitted freely that the adjustments he made following practice hurt the car's performance.

It would be very pleasing to see a very good year for the team.

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Mar 2 2003, 12:11 PM
pecially

It would be very pleasing to see a very good year for the team.
Especially Since Mr Blaney grew up about 45 mins from here and his track is 50 mins from here.

Booty has been added to my list of NASCAR hotties. He's a living doll.

Originally posted by RoyalOrange@Mar 2 2003, 01:23 PM
Booty has been added to my list of NASCAR hotties.  He's a living doll.
RO...easy to tell you're a female...LOL! Booty is a good looking fella, not that I'm into that! I'm still partial to Katie. especially since she grew up about 15 miles from where we live...what a cutie! P.S. Don't tell the misses. :wub:

He must be a great for people in wheel chairs, to see a man do as well as he is doing even with his disabilty!!
I like "Bootie" I was kinda sad to see him leave Wimmer but I think once everything gets settled in at the 77 they will be a great team and Dave might get his first win this year!!

It's refreshing to see people think of Bootie for what he is, a darn good crew chief and a talented mechanic as opposed to some poor guy confined to a wheelchair. ...........RO is right, Bootie is a hottie :pbjtime: :pbjtime: .......and I'm old enough to be his mom! :(

Wimmer is one of my fav drivers so i hated to see Booty leave.. but what happens happens.. i hope he does well is cup! (so far he is) hopefully he'll lead #77 to victory lane!

Back
Top Bottom