Printer dilemma

Bobw

Team Owner
The dilemma is which one? I don't print a lot, many times I go months without printing a single page. I do scan quite a bit, mostly photo's, Copies, maybe a few each month. I hate going to print something and the ink's clogged up. Yes I know I should run a test page every 7-10 days. Who in truth actually does that?
I was looking at the lower end laser printers but the reviews say they don't do photo's as well as ink jets.
So, which one? Epson Ecotank looks promising, anyone have one? Anyone use aftermarket ink over OEM?

What are you primary needs? Is photo printing a priority?

Inkjets are junk and the cartridges are marked up ridiculous amounts. A laser printer is for sure the more economical option over the long run.

What are you primary needs? Is photo printing a priority?

Inkjets are junk and the cartridges are marked up ridiculous amounts. A laser printer is for sure the more economical option over the long run.
x2 as an IT guy. My next purchase will be a laser.

And no, they don't have the PPI that an injet has. As least, the low-end ones do not. A $,$$$ one is pretty close.

If photo printing is a priority, look at the Canon PIXMA Pro 100. That's what all my photographer buddies use, and it can be had cheap and uses liquid ink tanks that don't clog as easily.

I got rid of my inkjet because I didn't print much and the ink became a problem after sitting awhile causing me to replace ink cartridges frequently. I got a $100 B&W Brother laser printer (I don't need color), the toner is dry and it took me 6 years to go through the first toner cartridge - it still works fine.

Back
Top Bottom