Printer problem

Whizzer

Gig'em
Have an Epson WF-3520 all-in-one printer. I upgraded to Mac OS 10:13.5 and printer will not work. Downloaded all updates from Epson and still get message "printer is offline". I have printer hooked up via USB cable so it isn't a wireless problem and all downloads have been completed from both Apple and Epson. Apple says it is an Epson problem and cannot contact Epson. Printer is about two or three years old and never any problems. Suggestions on getting things up so I can print?

Yes. Epson says it is a Mac problem and Apple says it is a printer issue. Am trying to go through this once again w/Apple and Epson.

Yes. Epson says it is a Mac problem and Apple says it is a printer issue. Am trying to go through this once again w/Apple and Epson.
Damn, good luck.

Have an Epson WF-3520 all-in-one printer. I upgraded to Mac OS 10:13.5 and printer will not work. Downloaded all updates from Epson and still get message "printer is offline". I have printer hooked up via USB cable so it isn't a wireless problem and all downloads have been completed from both Apple and Epson. Apple says it is an Epson problem and cannot contact Epson. Printer is about two or three years old and never any problems. Suggestions on getting things up so I can print?
Sounds like a driver issue at first glance. When you say "all downloads have been completed," I assume you mean that you've downloaded the latest driver for that printer from the Epson website?

https://epson.com/Support/Printers/...ries/Epson-WorkForce-WF-3520/s/SPT_C11CC33201

If you haven't tried that yet and that doesn't work, try another USB cable or USB port on the Mac. If none of that works, it could be some sort of driver compatibility issue with that printer and macOS 10.13.5.

Not that this is relevant to your situation at all, but I've always had issues trying to get similar Epson printers connected to Windows machines. They can be a pain sometimes.

I'm not a fan of Epson. I like my Cannon's until I have to buy ink, but I think that applies as a universal truth. I'm still on 10.11.6 and don't really plan to update....no reason to fix what's not broken.

I have a old HP flatbed scanner that I use for scanning old photographs. I think it was XP compatible when I bought it.
I keep downloading new software to keep it working whenever there is a major OS software update.

I don't use my printer much, with my inkjet I needed to run the cleaning utility often or replace the ink cartridges. I got rid of my inkjet (I don't need color) and got an inexpensive laser printer. It uses dry ink and I haven't had a problem or changed ink in 3 years (a colleague ran his 6 years before replacing the ink cartridge).

Finally got it working. :pbjtime:Have no idea which end the problem was created from but it works. I use my printer often as I write stories and while I do not publish them, the enjoyment of creating them is what counts. Ergo, when my printer goes on the fritz, it becomes a major issue. At least for me. ;) Thanks for all the suggestions. Not sure which works but it is good to know there are others willing to assist.

Back
Top Bottom