Pro Cup Series Relaunches; Running LMSC and SLM Doubleheaders in 2015

I love that they are helping both the LMSC and the SLM guys. By giving the LMSC equal billing (slightly less money, but 150 laps instead of the 50 or so the "Pro Late Models" run in PASS), it should be a much healthier support series. And by not competing with PASS on the SLM side, fans are going to see some big name drivers every week. The 2nd PASS race at SNMP this year lacked "star power" because the Southern Super Series was at Gresham that night. Still a great race, but if you were hoping to see the same guys that had been there in May (a laDaniel Hemric) or a similar car count, it wasn't happening. And hell, the fans get two good races for the price of one.

Getting really, really excited about this.

I love that they are helping both the LMSC and the SLM guys. By giving the LMSC equal billing (slightly less money, but 150 laps instead of the 50 or so the "Pro Late Models" run in PASS), it should be a much healthier support series. And by not competing with PASS on the SLM side, fans are going to see some big name drivers every week. The 2nd PASS race at SNMP this year lacked "star power" because the Southern Super Series was at Gresham that night. Still a great race, but if you were hoping to see the same guys that had been there in May (a laDaniel Hemric) or a similar car count, it wasn't happening. And hell, the fans get two good races for the price of one.

Getting really, really excited about this.

PASS puts on a great show at SNMP. I hope to see this bring an evolution to the sport that results in Limited Late Models being the main racing division at short tracks and LMSC cars running Pro Cup.

PASS puts on a great show at SNMP. I hope to see this bring an evolution to the sport that results in Limited Late Models being the main racing division at short tracks and LMSC cars running Pro Cup.

I'd be down with that. I have yet to see a bad LLM race at SNMP since it reopened, regardless of who the drivers were. Some of them have moved up to Late Models, some are at other tracks now, and a couple were just there once or twice with SELLM, but it's always a good show. The LMSC quality has been entirely dependent on who shows up. Having 20 cars is great and all, but if no one is there to compete with Pulliam (or McCaskill before him) it turns into a parade fast. Getting all the big dogs in one yard rather than gallivanting all over the Southeast chasing those bizarre NWAAS points would do wonders for that group.

I'd be down with that. I have yet to see a bad LLM race at SNMP since it reopened, regardless of who the drivers were. Some of them have moved up to Late Models, some are at other tracks now, and a couple were just there once or twice with SELLM, but it's always a good show. The LMSC quality has been entirely dependent on who shows up. Having 20 cars is great and all, but if no one is there to compete with Pulliam (or McCaskill before him) it turns into a parade fast. Getting all the big dogs in one yard rather than gallivanting all over the Southeast chasing those bizarre NWAAS points would do wonders for that group.

The Limited Late Model races there are great - should be the premiere division there. Not to mention, the LLM champion :wub:

Back
Top Bottom