Benevolent One

Team Owner
According to espn.com, this is the projected bowl lineups this year

BCS Title................ Alabama vs. Texas
Rose Bowl............... Ohio St. vs. Oregon
Fiesta Bowl............. TCU vs. Boise State
Orange Bowl............ Ga. Tech vs. Iowa
Sugar Bowl.............. Florida vs. Cincinnati

I see some interesting matchups here. Of course, I'm most looking forward to the Rose Bowl, but that's just because I am a huge Buckeye fan.

The Fiesta Bowl looks like the most interesting game to watch. Two undefeated teams, who both get screwed by CF's refusal to stage a simple playoff system, meet in prime time. That should be a very good game.

Florida and Cincinnati looks like a pretty big mismatch, and it probably will be. I love the Bearcats, but there is a huge difference between going undefeated in the Big East and going undefeated in the SEC. That being said, Cincinnati has a really explosive offense and they will certainly have a puncher's chance to knock off Florida.

The Orange Bowl does nothing for me at all.

And, of course, the BCS championship game between Alabama and Texas should be a very good game too. I suspect, however, that Alabama could really blow Texas out in this game.

They all look to be good games, but it isn't up to ESPN or the fans as to who plays where. There are guarenteed spots and then there are at large spots. Those spots go to the teams that can bring in the most money and that is why there still is no playoff system in CF. In the old days, just going to a bowl game was the top priority. Who became #1 was left up to the voters and while there is a sort of championship game today, its still pretty much left up to the voters as to who is #1. I don't think there will ever be a playoff system in CF, and for sure, not until the contracts run out on existing bowl games. And you can now see how the voters have been wrong about who is #1. Its a popularity contest and so are the bowl games...and so is who is #1.

Back
Top Bottom