Qualifying changes for AMS race

If they are staying with this format and it looks like they are. One change I would like is for the cars to be backed into there spot. The backing up into traffic seems like a accident waiting to happen

The whole thing is an accident waiting to happen.

The next step will be a minimum pit road speed during qualifying. Otherwise they'll start rolling and stay rolling, but at 2 mph or so. Or those with a break in the wall will detour through the garages.

More tinkering in an effort to fix something that's only a problem at two tracks...

If they are staying with this format and it looks like they are. One change I would like is for the cars to be backed into there spot. The backing up into traffic seems like a accident waiting to happen
I posted the question last season as to why they park nose in. Someone posted that they cool the engine between runs with fans that aren't allowed on pit lane.

geeez

Jeff Gluck‏@jeff_gluck 8m8 minutes ago
UPDATE: NASCAR has clarified new rule it announced yesterday re: quals. Drivers CAN stop on pit road, but they cannot IMPEDE someone.

Breaking news.....

NASCAR has just announced that the cars are being fitted with working turn signals so that they can safely merge onto the track with other competitors during the group qualifying segments. If the driver fails to use their turn signal properly they will then be issued a stop and go penalty on pit road during the qualifying session. NASCAR has announced further that they are currently unsure as to whether or not to then penalize the team for stopping on pit road. More to come.....

Breaking news.....

NASCAR has just announced that the cars are being fitted with working turn signals so that they can safely merge onto the track with other competitors during the group qualifying segments. If the driver fails to use their turn signal properly they will then be issued a stop and go penalty on pit road during the qualifying session. NASCAR has announced further that they are currently unsure as to whether or not to then penalize the team for stopping on pit road. More to come.....
:XXROFL:

Reactions: Pat
Breaking news.....

hahahaha.gif

Breaking news.....

Ri-di-cu-lous

This is something drivers will forget about all the time about.

Breaking news.....

NASCAR has just announced that group qualifying will be broken into 47, two minute segments for today's qualifying sessions. Each segment will consist of a single car group sent out on the track. It has been determined by NASCAR that two minutes is the optimum time for each single car group to complete one warmup lap followed by two laps at speed. The fastest car after these 47 segments will be the pole sitter for Sunday's event. If NASCAR deems this method to be successful the new qualifying method will become the norm. More to come.....

Breaking news.....

NASCAR has just announced that group qualifying will be broken into 47, two minute segments for today's qualifying sessions. Each segment will consist of a single car group sent out on the track. It has been determined by NASCAR that two minutes is the optimum time for each single car group to complete one warmup lap followed by two laps at speed. The fastest car after these 47 segments will be the pole sitter for Sunday's event. If NASCAR deems this method to be successful the new qualifying method will become the norm. More to come.....
And the hit's just keep on coming. :)

When are you leaving for the meet?

Plus one on that :punkrocke

Breaking news.....

He's here all week! Tip your waitress!

First thing they should do is change the damn name . Qualifying is something very different and new viewers aren't going to tune in if they think it's just qualifying.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-series-qualifying-adjustment-at-atlanta.html

The vehicles will be assigned to pit stalls, and they will park nose in. Once the vehicle backs up and starts rolling, it cannot stop and must proceed to the track. The vehicles may go one at a time or in a group, but they must keep rolling once they start.

must be a new addendum..they apparently can stop on pit road IF they don't block anybody..I guess it is called the courtesy parking rule..what's next week valet parking?

must be a new addendum..they apparently can stop on pit road IF they don't block anybody..I guess it is called the courtesy parking rule..what's next week valet parking?
That will be followed an energy-saving initiative to encourage the drivers to car pool during qualifying. Drivers will need manufacturer's approval before riding in a different brand, but they'll get an exclusive 'diamond' lane on pit road.

So much for proceeding to the track after they pullout.Trucks still pulling the same crap.So much so only 2 trucks ran qualifying in second round because of jacking around on pit road

If they have to play that many games to get a good qual spot.The truck is crap anyhow.Stop with the games and get out there and run.Bunch of pussies.

Luckily , this time , the fastest car got the pole in the cup race . The odds of that happening are pretty slim.

This stuff reminds me of when you go to a 1st grade christmas program, that's how messed up it is.

What a crazy mess. It just gets dumber and dumber.

At first I was going to 'like' this post but then I thought how wrong you are. Not only can it get dumber and dumber it will.

Back
Top Bottom