Race Control isn't very good

CalTenn

Team Owner
I'm not sure what has changed but the first clean up in turn 1&2 was pathetic, and after each stage the cautions seem extended which I don't understand, seems like it should be like a quickie yellow 3 laps and turn them loose. Does anyone else feel the same?

I'm not sure what has changed but the first clean up in turn 1&2 was pathetic, and after each stage the cautions seem extended which I don't understand, seems like it should be like a quickie yellow 3 laps and turn them loose. Does anyone else feel the same?

IMO Nascar needs to work much, much quicker in clean up and getting the track ready to race again. Auto racing is supposed to be fast but when you factor in 30-40 MPH speed limits at some tracks and a month of Sundays for clean up it can seem rather slow.

I don't care how long they take to clean up a mess, though it can be annoying. My biggest gripe with them, by far, is the apparent lack of communication between Race Control and the broadcast production team. We saw this today. Oops, caution is out, now we play the game of if pit road is going to be open this time or can we get one more commercial break in? Then it's when will we go green? Now or do we have time to hear DW and Jeff talk about nothing for one or two more caution laps. Seriously, it's so inefficient it's maddening.

I don't care how long they take to clean up a mess, though it can be annoying. My biggest gripe with them, by far, is the apparent lack of communication between Race Control and the broadcast production team. We saw this today. Oops, caution is out, now we play the game of if pit road is going to be open this time or can we get one more commercial break in? Then it's when will we go green? Now or do we have time to hear DW and Jeff talk about nothing for one or two more caution laps. Seriously, it's so inefficient it's maddening.
Some of that is the broadcast team's fault. Anybody with a scanner can listen to Race Control as it directs the vehicles and clean-up activities. If the broadcast producers can monitor the individual team frequencies, they can monitor RC too.

Awe come on you guys...during that first caution I washed and waxed the truck, the second one went to get a pizza, the third one I did miss the restart but only because I decided to add a transmission fluid change to my oil change. Thought I had time, but NASCAR got me on that one.

The broadcast team is too busy blabbering about nothing. They don't pay any attention to what's happening on track half the time.

All these problems can be solved with the rule "pit only under green". If the caution is for a guy who blows a tire, he can change only that tire and don't touch anything else on the car.
Green flag pit stops only will make the whole race better.

Back
Top Bottom