Races attended so far (June 2013)

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
What races/racetracks have you been to so far this year?

Tracks:
Ace Speedway - Altamahaw, NC (x2)
Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, TN
Caraway Speedway - Asheboro, NC (x2)
Franklin County Speedway - Callaway, VA
Hickory Motor Speedway - Newton, NC
Kingsport Speedway - Kingsport, TN (x2)
Langley Speedway - Hampton, VA
Lonesome Pine Raceway - Coeburn VA (x2)
South Boston Speedway - South Boston, VA (x4)
Southern National Motorsports Park - Kenly, NC (x2)

Planned travels:
Anderson Motor Speedway - Williamston, SC
Autodrome Chaudière - Vallée-Jonction, QC (Canada)
Baltimore Grand Prix - Baltimore, MD
Bowman Gray Stadium - Winston Salem, NC
Greenville-Pickens Speedway - Greenville, SC
Martinsville Speedway - Martinsville, VA
Myrtle Beach Speedway - Myrtle Beach, SC
Newport Speedway - Newport, TN
Oxford Plains Speedway - Oxford, ME
Rockingham Speedway - Rockingham, NC
Shenandoah Speedway - Shenandoah, VA
Southside Speedway - Midlothian, VA

Autodrome Chaudière - Vallée-Jonction, QC (Canada)

What is running there? The only Quebec races I have planned for this year is NCATS at Circuit ICAR and att St-Eustache. Those Canadian Tire Series races at St-Eustache are some of the best races anywhere. Will that be your first race in Canada? Be prepared for a border guard to ask "You came all the way to Canada just for a race???". I've had that happen more than a few times...

What is running there? The only Quebec races I have planned for this year is NCATS at Circuit ICAR and att St-Eustache. Those Canadian Tire Series races at St-Eustache are some of the best races anywhere. Will that be your first race in Canada? Be prepared for a border guard to ask "You came all the way to Canada just for a race???". I've had that happen more than a few times...

There's a PASS National Championship race up there in September. I've been to Canada a few times but never for a race.

There's a PASS National Championship race up there in September. I've been to Canada a few times but never for a race.
Expect a REALLY good crowd for that race. All of the races i've been to (St-Eustache x4, Trois Rivieres Street Circuit x4, Circuit ICAR x1) have all had huge crowds, the places were full everytime. The Quebecers are huge race fans. Those were all Canadian Tire Series events though, but I would expect a nice crowd at any big race up in QC. If you have not before, make sure you grab a burger at Harvey's, my favorite fast food burger chain anywhere. Try the poutine too, its pretty much the most popular food in Quebec. Really good stuff.

Expect a REALLY good crowd for that race. All of the races i've been to (St-Eustache x4, Trois Rivieres Street Circuit x4, Circuit ICAR x1) have all had huge crowds, the places were full everytime. The Quebecers are huge race fans. Those were all Canadian Tire Series events though, but I would expect a nice crowd at any big race up in QC. If you have not before, make sure you grab a burger at Harvey's, my favorite fast food burger chain anywhere. Try the poutine too, its pretty much the most popular food in Quebec. Really good stuff.

Thanks man. I had no idea you were at the K&N race at Richmond - should've let me know. I forgot to put that on my list in the original post, LOL. The K&N race was awesome there. The Late Model race, or as I called it, the Foregone Conclusion Showdown, sucked.

Thanks man. I had no idea you were at the K&N race at Richmond - should've let me know. I forgot to put that on my list in the original post, LOL. The K&N race was awesome there. The Late Model race, or as I called it, the Foregone Conclusion Showdown, sucked.

Yeah, the late model race sucked both times I went... I went in I think 2011? First year they had the K&N/Denny Hamlin Short track showdown at Richmond. Kyle Busch was in the lead on the last lap, cut a tire and the hero Denny won. K&N race was great though. The only other race that I've been to that looked obviously fixed was actually in Quebec. Last year at the Trois-Rivieres Grand Prix they added a late model race, the winner of the race won a ride for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race on Sunday. Of course the late model with "Grand Prix Trois-Rivieres" on the hood won, didn't lead the whole thing, but it was obvious, when he wanted the lead, it was no problem. He just held back a little early on to try to make the "race" interesting for the fans.... I've not had much luck with late model races being good!

Yeah, the late model race sucked both times I went... I went in I think 2011? First year they had the K&N/Denny Hamlin Short track showdown at Richmond. Kyle Busch was in the lead on the last lap, cut a tire and the hero Denny won. K&N race was great though. The only other race that I've been to that looked obviously fixed was actually in Quebec. Last year at the Trois-Rivieres Grand Prix they added a late model race, the winner of the race won a ride for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race on Sunday. Of course the late model with "Grand Prix Trois-Rivieres" on the hood won, didn't lead the whole thing, but it was obvious, when he wanted the lead, it was no problem. He just held back a little early on to try to make the "race" interesting for the fans.... I've not had much luck with late model races being good!

Fixed races are never good.

Fixed races are never good.
It just sucks. At least when I've been to them they just happened to be running the same day as another race i wanted to see. Would be more annoyed if I made the effort to go just for the race that was fixed..

It just sucks. At least when I've been to them they just happened to be running the same day as another race i wanted to see. Would be more annoyed if I made the effort to go just for the race that was fixed..

The PASS races, so far, have been wild and unpredictable.

The PASS races, so far, have been wild and unpredictable.
Have never been to one. The only one I had ever seriously considered going to was the one at North Wilkesboro a few years ago, I think there was supposed to be a really huge payout for the winner. Didn't work out though. Between Canadian Tire, K&N East/West and ARCA there is pretty much something I know well that I'd rather go to every week. Along with a few Rolex or Indy races every now and then... I used to try to fit in more dirt races (World of Outlaws and Lucas Oil Late models), but I got burned by them too many times raining out races at like 10am, even though the weather was great the rest of the day. Now I pretty much only consider them if its near another race im going to. This weekend i'll probably be going to Iowa K&N/Nationwide Fri and Sat, and K&N West in Missouri on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom