Racing 2004...

W

Ward Burton

Why did Papyrus and Sierra quit making these nascar games? They are the best...or...were...

EA bought the liscensing fees to the Nascar game, so that automatically made Papyrus legally unable to produce another Nascar game.

and its a shame too, I mean I just came back from winning an online race in dramatic fashion :D had to knock that in.

Whenever EA takes over something, they tend to dramatically screw up, MLB Baseball, NBA Basketball, Sim City, F1, Command and Conquer etc. NASCAR Thunder 2004 is ok, but does it really deliver the feel and the physics of an authentic stock car? Its console game is ok, buts its PC game belongs in the bottom of a craphole, its online mode sucks, its career mode sucks, the physics suck, EVERYTHING ABOUT IT SUCKS. Its almost like the New York Mets of Racing Simulations.

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season is the best racing game I've ever played because, really I cant even begin to describe how good it is. Today, after I came home from work, I spent a long time adjusting the setups, from brake bias to car weight and every option affects the car dramatically, for example at Daytona, my car kept losing the back end and sliding into the wall, then I removed some weight from the back and put it in the front and that decision kept my car stable and I won the race, yes I had to knock that in again :D and Yes, I use a controller, not like the big boys with steering wheels :( :eek: :p

Personally, I dont think any of EA's racing titles will be as good as Papyrus. Luckily guys, if you have the time to download, theres a site called Project Wildfire, they've made Busch Series Mods, Truck Mods, Trans-Am and IROC mods for NR2003 and those guys work awful hard over there, make sure you check the site out, its great! :) Thank god there are guys who are willing to prolong the series.

Well, back to car-painting and online racing for me. B)

Back
Top Bottom