Racing Forums: The Game Daytona Picks

So we are picking by race now?

I got Harvick at Daytona. Pointless to wait on practices and whatever at a plate track.

DW roflmao not a chance unless we get a rain delay then call the race ya know like he won (had it handed to him) it last time.

chromehorn-Kevin Harvick
sloggie-Denny Hamlin
Smoke14-Ryan Newman
Stewart Fan-Denny Hamlin
wilson89-Jamie McMurray
kelloggs5TLfan-Jamie McMurray
AndyMarquisLive-Greg Biffle
Spike-Martin Truex, Jr.

Starting next week, no driver can be picked twice. First come first serve, fair? Picks are open until midnight Saturday for anyone else wanting to pick, or if I missed anyone.

Of course I have to take the:

#53, Stewart/Newman Office Depot/US Army - 8 wheeled Chevy.

I'm not too confident though...even if they do hook up I'm not sure Tony has the patience for this newfangled style of racing for 500 miles.

(actually, I kind of wish Tony would make a "protest statement" by refusing to partner up with other cars and just do the best he can alone...of course he would end up 5 or 6 laps down) :rolleyes:

Jimmie Johnson will win the Daytona 500.

I only pick him because most of my picks finish way back in the field and I hope my luck continues. :growl:

by the way... what is the prize for this contest? cause i'm working on my family budget up here in the suddenly again politically significant wisconsin and would like to be able to pencil in some cash should i be correct.

oops. never mind. nearly forgot this is daytona. one of those restrictor plate races.

i got a better chance of fixing my budget by buying a powerball ticket than predicting a winner in nascar's "Super Bowl".

i stand by my suggestion that opening the season at bristol, with three feet of snow and an empty grandstand, would draw an equal tv share and be just as entertaining as what we are about to see on sunday.

the clincher? bristol would have better racing. and isn't that what this is supposed to be about?

jmo

I told you 2 weeks ago in the other thread that I was taking JJ for all 36 races.

UPDATED PICKS, LOCKED IN:
chromehorn
29jimmyjohns-front-mrn.jpg

sloggie
11farm-darlington.jpg

Smoke14
39gator.jpg

Stewart Fan
11sportsclips-ams2.jpg

wilson89
1gereveal-mrn--front-mis1.jpg

kelloggs5TLfan
1axe-poc2-front.jpg

AndyMarquisLive
16redcross-nhms1.jpg

VaDirt
78gator.jpg

JustMe
Fontana%202010-88side.jpg

klemmabyna
D500_2010_Burton.jpg

I told you 2 weeks ago in the other thread that I was taking JJ for all 36 races.

Starting next week, no driver can be picked twice. First come first serve, fair? Picks are open until midnight Saturday for anyone else wanting to pick, or if I missed anyone.

I gotta ask since nobody else has yet. How does this new rule work if someone is locking in a driver for all 36 weeks?

its a points race, but aint nobody points racin today
my pick for daytona Greg Biffle

I gotta ask since nobody else has yet. How does this new rule work if someone is locking in a driver for all 36 weeks?
New rule, no one can lock in a driver all 36 weeks. You can attempt to pick the same one, but as stated its first come first serve.

You are late with your entry, chuck, but for this week I will allow it. Picks need to be submitted the day before a race i.e. the Saturday before a Sunday race, the Friday before a Saturday race.

New rule, no one can lock in a driver all 36 weeks. You can attempt to pick the same one, but as stated its first come first serve.

You are late with your entry, chuck, but for this week I will allow it. Picks need to be submitted the day before a race i.e. the Saturday before a Sunday race, the Friday before a Saturday race.

Brian, is that you changing rules on the fly again?

J/K :D

Back
Top Bottom