Racing on a budget

D

DannyC

Does anyone know of a good way to race cheap cars in North central Florida. I want to race either on a track or on a mixed surface. European style rally cross looks like a lot of fun but I can't find it where I live. The rally cross on the scca website sounded like it was more like auto cross but just on an unpaved surface. I don't really have a fixed budget but it has to be cheap and I'm only 16.

Road racing or maybe rally. Again I really liked the idea of rallycross where you have some paved track and some unpaved, but I don't care about the venue so much as the racing. I definitely want wheel to wheel racing, not like auto cross or something else where you just set a time and than watch your competition. I want to race cheap, used, mostly stock or just lightly modified cars. Any ideas?

Road racing or maybe rally. Again I really liked the idea of rallycross where you have some paved track and some unpaved, but I don't care about the venue so much as the racing. I definitely want wheel to wheel racing, not like auto cross or something else where you just set a time and than watch your competition. I want to race cheap, used, mostly stock or just lightly modified cars. Any ideas?

Autocross is a good way to go but it runs the risk of being incredibly boring.

I'm not aware of anything besides local short tracks honestly though I think it's your best bet. Don't know how North Florida you are vut you can build a hornet car or mini stock and run it on dirt and pavenent.

I'm not aware of anything besides local short tracks honestly though I think it's your best bet. Don't know how North Florida you are vut you can build a hornet car or mini stock and run it on dirt and pavenent.
I've thought of that but I'm not a huge fan of any oval track racing. It sounds a bit red neck for my taste (no offense to any dirt track racers), I'm more of a Formula 1 and Rolex series guy, but I might just suck it up and give it a try.

If Roadracing is on your mind you might want to look into Kart racing it can be done on a budget and there are several tracks operating in Florida. Jacksonville, Ocala, Orlando all have nice tracks here's some links. And no Kart racing is not just for kids my 25 year old married daughter Loves running her 125cc Shifter Karts and competes all over the southeast.
http://flkarting.com/
http://ocalagranprix.com/

Back
Top Bottom