Rain delays and TV coverage

H

HardScrabble

It appears the the rain has stopped at Rockingham for the moment.

The Winston Cup cars are slated for a one hour practice session to start in about 5 minutes, followed by BGN qualifying. It looks like Speed is going to televise both.

Winston Cup qualifying is scheduled for around 4 or 4:30 and I guess will be on FSN.

All this barring further rain of course.

Thanks for the update HS. Hope they get everything in.

Correction;

Speed just annonced that at 3:00 the coverage will switch to FSN.

Winston Cup cars are on the track, Newman fastest in the first few laps.

I'm kinda hoping qualifing is rained out. That way Harvick gets to start towards the front. ;) :D

How are you a Ford fan and a Kevin Harvick fan? Just curious, that's all.

I don't like Dodges but that doesn't mean I don't like Rusty Wallace.

Originally posted by The_Mad_Hatter@Feb 21 2003, 11:21 AM
How are you a Ford fan and a Kevin Harvick fan? Just curious, that's all.
hehe How many times have I been asked this? B) Lets just say, I root for the driver, not the car he drives. I can't tell you how happy I'd be if Harvick was in a Ford again.

Originally posted by 66mustang@Feb 21 2003, 02:12 PM
I'm kinda hoping qualifing is rained out. That way Harvick gets to start towards the front. ;) :D
Hmmmm.

Don't forget that if qualifying is rained out the starting positions will be determined by last season owners points. Harvick would not be in the top 20 I don't think.

This rule is in effect through the first 4 races.

Btw; Ken Schrader is currently second on the chart behind Ryan.

Because there is a distinct possibility that there will be no more practice this weekend because of weather some teams are in race setup and some in qualifying set up.

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Feb 21 2003, 11:33 AM

Hmmmm.

Don't forget that if qualifying is rained out the starting positions will be determined by last season owners points. Harvick would not be in the top 20 I don't think.

This rule is in effect through the first 4 races.

Dang your right huh? Now I hope there is qualifing. :D

Back
Top Bottom