Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Racing at Richmond has been god-awful of late so they needed to do something. Not sure this will help much.
I think Goodyear has run on to something by adding thicker rubber that makes for both added grip and faster wear. I noticed it at Chicago and Pocono, tires made a bit of difference, and very very few were only going with two tires and the ones that did dropped like a rock.

Suarez racing in Brazil (copied from NASCAR Brazil Facebook and translated from Portuguese so that may be why grammar is odd)

NASCAR announced today that NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suárez will plan to compete in the NASCAR Brasil Series’ Special Edition, a tournament parallel to the national competition, behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro at Autódromo José Carlos Pace, better known as Interlagos, the weekend of August 2-4.

While the world looks on to Paris for the 2024 Olympic Summer Games, Suárez will participate in another international competition. The Monterrey, Mexico native, who will already be in Brazil to celebrate his wedding day with fiancée Julia Piquet, will make the stop in São Paulo before his return to the United States for a couple of days of racing action at the world-renowned racing circuit.

📸 Getty Imagens/NASCAR

#NASCARBrasil #NASCAR #nascarbrasilseries #danielsuarez #specialedition #interlagos

Suarez racing in Brazil (copied from NASCAR Brazil Facebook and translated from Portuguese so that may be why grammar is odd)

NASCAR announced today that NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suárez will plan to compete in the NASCAR Brasil Series’ Special Edition, a tournament parallel to the national competition, behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro at Autódromo José Carlos Pace, better known as Interlagos, the weekend of August 2-4.

While the world looks on to Paris for the 2024 Olympic Summer Games, Suárez will participate in another international competition. The Monterrey, Mexico native, who will already be in Brazil to celebrate his wedding day with fiancée Julia Piquet, will make the stop in São Paulo before his return to the United States for a couple of days of racing action at the world-renowned racing circuit.

📸 Getty Imagens/NASCAR

#NASCARBrasil #NASCAR #nascarbrasilseries #danielsuarez #specialedition #interlagos
Isn't another Piquet daughter married to Max Verstappen? Kinda funny to think of Suarez and Verstappen hanging out at Christmas in the corner drinking Miller Lite while the Lakers game is on.

I think Goodyear has run on to something by adding thicker rubber that makes for both added grip and faster wear. I noticed it at Chicago and Pocono, tires made a bit of difference, and very very few were only going with two tires and the ones that did dropped like a rock.
Well I hope it works. Richmond is a classic track and used to be one of my favorite races but it has really suffered with this new car and it's short-track woes. I have been to Richmond twice - Once for the spring race in 2016 which was a blast and then again for the spring race in 2023 that that was painful to sit through.

Richmond in the spring was a pretty good race. Had some comers and goers at the end if I remember correctly but there was a late caution that screwed MTJ(??) out of a win.

Back
Top Bottom